Notices

Thread: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Diamond Member
    Luis Suarez missed eight games and paid a £40,000 fine after he was found guilty of using insulting words with reference to Patrice Evra's skin colour during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Anfield back in October.

Suarez refused to shake Evra’s extended hand before kick-off at today’s match between the two clubs at Old Trafford.

Should Liverpool FC continue to stand by their player?

2. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    In a nutshell yes...more going on than meets the eye...and it was Evra that made a grab for Suarez when he decided not to shake his hand.

3. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Diamond Member
    Liverpool made a pre-match statement stating that there would be a handshake between the two players in question and Suarez chose to ignore it.

4. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Who gives a **** anyway? This isn't a footie forum, if you two want to have a squabble about a bunch of overpaid drama queens I suggest you go find somewhere that does give a **** about them and have your tiff there.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Who gives a **** anyway? This isn't a footie forum, if you two want to have a squabble about a bunch of overpaid drama queens I suggest you go find somewhere that does give a **** about them and have your tiff there.
    Accept my humble apologies Scotty – I didn’t know that you were the elected moderator of the Non-bike section.

Perhaps it should be renamed- Scotty’s corner. :P

6. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Platinum Member
    Don't worry Ken our public school boy leader Cameron is going to sort this out now :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ng-Street.html

I hate to think what stupid ideas they will come up with to try and tackle an important problem with our national sport.

7. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Ken

Yesterday was a sad day for football for a number of reasons.

There are currently two trains of thought regarding the 'handshake'. One is that Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand, the other is that he was holding his hand out and Evra refused to shake hands. This is all dependant on how you interpret the images. My personal view is that they should just shake hands and get on with it. In fact maybe if this had happened after the first incident and not resulted in a somewhat dodgy tribunal (kangaroo court), then todays scenes would not have happened.

At the end of the day it was only a handshake. Evra's behaviour at half time and after the game leave a lot to be desired and Fergies comments after the game, bearing in mind some of his charges in the past have hardly been bastions of morality and good behaviour (Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Rooney) are somewhat hypocritical.

Suarez got an 8 game ban for using insulting language, NOT racist abuse as many claim and indeed the FA and Evra both state that Suarez is NOT racist. Evra himself during the incident used insulting language towards Suarez and his family and threatened him with violence. I've no issue with Suarez getting a ban but 8 games seems harsh, when you consider acts of violence, which if commited in the streets would result in criminal charges, eg Rooney, Balotelli, received less than half of what Suarez did, and in fact the FA were successful in getting Rooney's ban reduced, thus condoning his behaviour, because it meant he could play at the Euro's.

It will be interesting to see how the FA will deal with John Terry, who has actually been charged with racist abuse. I find it somewhat disappointing that Chelsea directors managed to persuade the district judge to put the trial back to a date after the Euros so that Terry can play. Hardly reeks of taking a stand against racism. Would a member of public be afforded such leniency.

Yesterday and recent events just shows how morally corrupt the 'beautiful' game has/is becoming.

8. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Absolutely no need for this comment at all, in this section we have , spa days/ golf/ van hire, it does what it says on the tin NON BIKE CHAT,I'm guessing your not a footy fan Scotty? So why even open the thead let alone comment on it :-X

9. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Diamond Member
    Chris, I am in full agreement with pretty much most of what you said.

I think Fergie was out of order defending Evra’s schoolboy antics at the end, which could have sparked crowd disorder in what was already a volatile fixture.

Like you I love football, but I’m sick and tired of overpaid players (who think they are bigger than their club) behaving like spoilt brats. They should have shook hands and got on with the game. I understand that Suarez has since apologised, so let’s hope that a line can now be drawn under this pathetic saga.

If the image of the game is to improve clubs need to start coming down hard on players who spit their dummies out and the football authorities need to show consistency when dealing with cases of misconduct.

Good result though

10. Re: Should Suarez "Never walk alone?" 
    Diamond Member
    Those of us who have other interests outside of Motorcycling coment in the "NON BIKE SECTION". If you have no interest don't comment. :-X