Notices

Thread: New Minimum wage £0.00?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Diamond Member
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Polish migrant workers support the government’s proposal to force unemployed job seekers to take-up unpaid work as a condition of eligibility for state benefits? :P

Implementation of such a measure is bound to alleviate the hostility directed at our fellow Europeans because we will have someone else to blame for under-cutting (forcing-down) wage rates.

2. Re: Poles apart..... 
    Banned
    Divide and conquer

3. Re: Poles apart..... 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Divide and conquer
    About time we got the hump about it?!

4. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Platinum Member
    technical it wouldn't be unpaid,they get a houseand benefits out of it... sounds good to me! get them relaying all the roads... along with people in prison

5. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Platinum Member
    See, G3o, that wouldn't be a bad idea, IF, road surfacing was state owned, and no-one was making a profit. They're not though, so someone would be making an even greater profit, as the staff were being supplied for free. A fair days wage for a fair days work is the very least people are entitled to.

6. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Maybe look at the whole thing in context. Many[most] people on benefits are also on housing benefits. They may be in receipt of additional monies. This is significantly more than the raw benefit/fortnight figure that the grauniad loves-to-hate.

A chance to have a life with a sense of purpose and structured day won't do anyone any harm. Perhaps the way to look at it, is that those in who get benefits can repay some of societies investment in them.

Funny how ensuring those who are supported by society (for whatever reason) give a little back, causes all of the lefties to throw a wobbler. :

7. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Platinum Member
    Funny how the righties, always call everyone else lefties!!! Like there's no other way.

8. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    Maybe look at the whole thing in context. Many[most] people on benefits are also on housing benefits. They may be in receipt of additional monies. This is significantly more than the raw benefit/fortnight figure that the grauniad loves-to-hate.

A chance to have a life with a sense of purpose and structured day won't do anyone any harm. Perhaps the way to look at it, is that those in who get benefits can repay some of societies investment in them.

Funny how ensuring those who are supported by society (for whatever reason) give a little back, causes all of the lefties to throw a wobbler. :

Hi Merv, not heard from you for a while – hope you are well.

Of course I am opposed to this proposal due to my ideological beliefs, but let me put them on the back-burner for a moment and look at it in the whole context.

Before I do, allow me to challenge the misinformation about housing benefit. Whether its £50 or £150 per week paid out in housing benefit, the claimant does not receive a single penny as the entire amount is collected by the landlord for rent. In most cases, very wealthy landlords who own numerous properties.

The “Mandatory Work Activity Scheme”, which the government intends to extend, involves a jobseeker being forced to take a placement and work for a business which the taxpayer pays to provide work experience. There is no requirement for the owners of the businesses participating in the scheme to provide the jobseeker with training or offer them full time employment at the end of what could be a six month placement. The Business pays the jobseeker a minimum wage amounting to £00.00

These businesses must be falling over themselves to contribute to the Tory party coffers – getting paid to exploit workers with out any of the hassle of making them redundant when the time comes, while 'muggins', the taxpayer picks up the tab.

I wish the right-wing media would stop flagging-up this policy as a saving for the taxpayer because we are still paying the same in state benefits and paying more to subsidise the businesses involved.

On the face of it the scheme looks like utter madness, but not if it is designed to deliver two goals. Force down wages by scrapping the legal requirement for employers to pay the minimum wage, and manipulate the unemployment figures to push your ratings up the vote-ometer.

Hmmm got an idea – ‘Glass Finish Decorators’ could create jobs, expand and take on five more painters – Can’t afford to pay anyone – I know, I’ll sign up to the “Mandatory Work Activity Scheme.” And what a bonus, the taxpayer will pay for my winter hack I ain't been able to afford. Sorted! :P

9. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Platinum Member
    +1 Ken

I do not consider myself a 'leftie' or a 'liberal' for that matter.
    You are right Ken - employers will use the system to their best advantage with no need to train or employ (or even pay!!!) - it's typical of the usual Tory dogma of supporting the top 10 % in the hope that these entrepreneurs will risk their money in business - in my experience these individuals screw the system for as much as they can; and then walk away with the cash.
    I could go on - but I will only wind myself up!

10. Re: New Minimum wage £0.00? 
    Isn't this more to do with time spent on work usually voluntarily done like helping out an elderly persons garden Ken ?

Personally I'd like to see 'em all picking up the disgusting amounts of litter that is strewn around our roads and countryside which seems to be getting worse and worse...there are some filthy lazy fookeers about!! On road to work now I actually stop and hold up bloody traffic while I pick up tins ffs!!! easily cause punctures or harm horses/animals---majorly ****ed off with it in fact >

Uber controversial :-? but the reality is that there are too many people and the creation of 'non-jobs' only adds to costs [tax]--the point of population numbers highlighted by the recent water shortages--I've said it before and some are finally starting to accept the blindingly obvious

Anyways jolly nice weather what ???
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!