Notices

Thread: Insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Insurance 
    i know we all have to go thru it but isn't insurance renewal a major pain in the arse.

mine came thru today and has gone up £3, nothing drastic i know but defeats the point of earning NCB, 2 mins on the phone to Bennetts to say i wouldn't renew due to the increase and they offered it £3 cheaper then currently paying why can't they just offer it cheaper in the first place? :-? baffles me why they constantly try their luck :-X
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i know we all have to go thru it but isn't insurance renewal a major pain in the arse.

mine came thru today and has gone up £3, nothing drastic i know but defeats the point of earning NCB, 2 mins on the phone to Bennetts to say i wouldn't renew due to the increase and they offered it £3 cheaper then currently paying why can't they just offer it cheaper in the first place? :-? baffles me why they constantly try their luck :-X
    Why - because some people do just renew without seeing what the competition will charge. Me I always try Compare the Market etc to see the cheapest before renewing. It generally saves me a lot of money.

3. Re: Insurance 
    its crazy isn't it the way some people do it
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

4. Re: Insurance 
    We had this recently with our house insurance. We had been with Direct Line for years, and never checked it, just auto-renewed every year.

This year when the auto-renewal notice came through I noticed it had gone up about £100 so I phoned them to query it and threatened to leave. They then offered me £150 off to stay with them.

I went to compare the meerkat and found identical cover with Halifax but so much cheaper - over £500 cheaper!

Needless to say Im now the proud owner of a cuddly little meerkat and over £500 in pocket ;D

5. Re: Insurance 
    Chatterbox
    Mine's due,

last year I paid £150

renewal £355 :

after a shop about £92

Everything else is shyte

6. Re: Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    why can't they just offer it cheaper in the first place?
    Because the fact is that 85% of people won't phone up and will just pay.
    I find it astounding because I've managed to save thousands off my mortgage bill by doing a few hours work and even though the hourly rate is astounding there are so many people that just can't be bothered.

I find it astounding but then I'm tighter than two coats of paint

7. Re: Insurance 
    Don't talk to me about insurance companies.. AGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Always a proper pain in the arse!
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

8. Re: Insurance 
    I had one recently when I searched around and got a cheaper quote on a comparison site but it was the same company that I was already with :-?

9. Re: Insurance 
    Bennets wanted £150 to change my bike over to a new one for the remaining 4 months once, after paying £150 to start with. Hastings recently came out cheapest for me but that didn't include the "set up" charge of £12. I fear a lot of insurance companies will jump on that one soon enough just as they all did with the admin fees for change of address etc.

In short, they're all robbing funkers who are just out to sting you for as much as they can but then we all know that.

10. Re: Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    It 'was' costing us £110 to fc insure both cars, with Bluefin. Just shopped around at renewals and it's now £50 fc for both with Admiral, same underwriter...go figure?!
    Also got funked over with the bike, after a non-fault accident at the end of last year, my insurance has doubled, £180 fc, to £360 fc, they will load your premium at every chance.