Notices

Thread: Bristol drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bristol drivers. 
    I hate Bristol drivers. I don't like many drivers, but Bristol drivers take the biscuit. There I am, sat at traffic lights waiting to turn left, with my two learners behind me. A van approaches from behind. He pauses for a moment, then creeps down the outside and pulls alongside me. He's not indicating either way. I know what's going to happen next. The lights change, I pull away normally, and so does he, and then he turns left across me. As I round the corner there is a car that has just reversed out of his driveway and is blocking the road, so I try to get in front of the van driving twat so that I don't get sandwiched in. He then very nearly side-swipes me as he goes for the pass anyway (making on-coming cars swerve out of his way), floors it to the next traffic light controlled roundabout where the lights are on red, and goes through two sets of lights on red. Sometimes I wish I had missile launchers on my bike... > > >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    They are bloody twats aren't they >

I take my life into my own hands on the daily commute to Bristol - truly some of the worst driving ever and its nearly always the white vans (or the 40 tonne trucks) :

Good news on my bike btw, the 3rd party's insurer has admitted liability and my insurance co has now authorised the repairs on my bike... Bristol kawasaki have ordered the bits and I should have my bike back sometime next week (fingers crossed).

Not such good news on my knee though, went to the docs this evening and Ive done some damage there :'(

3. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Where there's blaim, there's a claim...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    I dont care about that, I just want my bike back. Not enjoying the Bandit one bit.

5. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Yeah right. I still think that commuting by bike is the best way to get in and around Bristol, but it's annoying that there are so many drivers on the road that genuinely don't seem to care how they drive. They have no time or patience to drive in a way that shows any kind of consideration towards their fellow motorists. Get rid of these waste of money speed cameras, and put more coppers on the roads.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Banned
    I hate driving in Bristol with a passion. I try to avoid it as much as possible yet I have been there at least 4 times this year because of my bike :-/

7. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    and i shall be doing on saturday. Wish me luck.. Can't stand the bloody place! >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

8. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Try living here :'( :'( :'( :'(

9. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Diamond Member
    No matter how much we try to make our selves visble, people will still be blind to the fact we are there. Then if he'd knocked you off "SMIDSY" & notch up another statistic for motorcycles being dangerous.

10. Re: Bristol drivers. 
    Never had any problems in Bristol.... usually get issues with dreamers in Bath drifting about looking at the scenery rather than the road.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"