Notices

Thread: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member

2. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Sounds a bit strange. Trains don't tend to leave the track to hit you so what was she doing on the track?

3. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member
    My guess is that they were late & decided to cross the tracks instead of using the bridge

4. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    No sympathy for the person involved just her family and friends - dont run across train lines and dont stand beyond the yellow/white line until the train has stopped.... In the words of Aleksandr Orlov, simples.

5. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

6. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.
    well said!
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member
    I feel sorry for the driver of the train. Knowing they are not going to be able to stop in time

8. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    sorry for all involved, happened to my uncle as a driver and nothing he could do to stop in time
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Conehead
    unless the suicide was related to an incurable medical issue - cancer, lukemia, motornurone she still doesnt have my sympathy. Life is what you make of it, too many people are taken by freak accidents in the prime of their life with no explanation while others choose to end theirs because life gets a little difficult.... thats not a good enough reason to me.

Aside from her family and friends who now have to carry on the train driver, any witnesses and the emg services now have to deal with what they have seen too. > very very selfish

10. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    I kind of agree it is selfish but the mental state of someones mind is not by choice. It is an illness.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.