Notices

Thread: First Savile now Steptoe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. First Savile now Steptoe 
    Banned
    Jimmy Savile: Steptoe and Son actor Wilfrid Brambell 'abused boys in Jersey' claims whistleblower
    Wilfrid Brambell, the actor, became the latest BBC celebrity accused of child sex abuse last night after it emerged that two people had come forward in Jersey claiming to be his victims.
    wilfrid brambell
    Wilfrid Brambell, left, with Steptoe and Son co-star Harry H Corbett

Brambell, who played the “dirty old man” Albert Steptoe in the comedy Steptoe and Son, allegedly abused two boys in a theatre in Jersey at the height of his fame in the 1970s.

2. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Platinum Member
    I think it's essential that we maintain the concept of innocent til proven guilty even for Saville.

3. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    I think it's essential that we maintain the concept of innocent til proven guilty even for Saville.
    Indeed! Bandwaggon springs to mind.....

4. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Not being too sceptical but is this a new way to claim some sort of free money........make accusations about dead celebraties and get some easy dosh ??

I wonder if those no win no fee/accident companies are going to add "Were you abused 40 years ago by a famous dead person" to their selling pitch.

I know that is terribly unkind to the genuine people that were abused but, bloody hell, why are they all coming out now when people aren't around to defend themselves ??

5. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Platinum Member
    Saville was a well known nonce, everyone knew, but no-one did anything.

6. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    don`t really care, more important things in life than idle chit chat

7. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Diamond Member
    “Idle chit chat,” Kev?

Police have started a formal criminal investigation into alleged sexual abuse involving Sir Jimmy Savile.
    Scotland Yard said it had identified 200 potential victims of the late BBC presenter and other people.
    Cdr Peter Spindler said a "staggering" number of victims had come forward. The NSPCC children's charity said Savile may have been "one of the most prolific sex offenders" it had come across.

I know these are only allegations at the moment, but we must not forget that these staggering numbers of potential victims are now adults.
    I’m not surprised that a small child would find it difficult to speak out against such a powerful figure with demigod celebrity status and who raised millions for sick children’s charities.

We need to create a society where those responsible for protecting vulnerable children know they will be listened to and any allegations of child abuse will be investigated, no matter who is involved.

8. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    “Idle chit chat,” Kev?

Police have started a formal criminal investigation into sexual abuse involving Sir Jimmy Savile.
    Scotland Yard said it had identified 200 potential victims of the late BBC presenter and other people.
    Cdr Peter Spindler said a "staggering" number of victims had come forward. The NSPCC children's charity said Savile may have been "one of the most prolific sex offenders" it had come across.

I know these are only allegations at the moment, but we must not forget that these staggering numbers of potential victims are now adults.
    I’m not surprised that a small child would find it difficult to speak out against such a powerful figure with demigod celebrity status and who raised millions for sick children’s charities.

We need to create a society where those responsible for protecting vulnerable children know they will be listened to and any allegations of child abuse will be investigated.

Ken....I will not ever forget the nurse who openly admitted she watched him molest a child............I can understand the children not speaking up but an adult?? And a nurse at that ??
    There are so many regs, acts and laws protecting children and vulnerable people but if the people who are meant to be doing the protecting are going to let them down how the hell are people ever going to get anywhere.
    Children need to be brought up knowing whats 'ok' and whats not...but this can only work if the parents, guardians, carers etc are not the actual abusers......its a bloody awful world we live in.....but if Id been that nurse Savile would have been using his nuts to chew his food with as I would have kicked them rather hard........Im not a violent person but I am also someone that could not/would not tolerate that sort of behaviour in front of my own eyes.

9. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    Diamond Member
    Tina I agree with you 100 per cent. IMHO all those adults who remained silent after witnessing child abuse at the time should hold their heads in shame. >

10. Re: First Savile now Steptoe 
    It couldn't have upset these so called molested people to much, they have lived it with for many years now! But now the mans dead they all come forward...... If its true I'm disgusted, but I find it disgusting people could leave it this long and let it happen!