Notices

Thread: New Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. New Website 
    camera.op76
    Fairly new to website building, thought I would give it a shot. I know theres a couple of website builders on here.... some tips would be nice.

www.obcameras.com

Thanks

2. Re: New Website 
    Very nice looking - only problem is that it's in Flash so won't show on an ipad or iphone :/ also search engines can't pick up on the text
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: New Website 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Very nice looking - only problem is that it's in Flash so won't show on an ipad or iphone :/ also search engines can't pick up on the text
    Thanks for that... Is there a work around?

4. Re: New Website 
    Nice 8-)

5. Re: New Website 
    Nice website.
    Who are you using or is there a company that has done this for you?
    I use wordpress to do mine which links to google is free... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] so that any new items you publish come up in google. Also links in with a twitter and facebook account. Its quick and easy to use. I have fiddled with it for a while now and the main comment I get is to keep it simple. Too much clutter on the home page puts people off. A couple of really good pics is better than loads of small fiddly ones. Do you have a hit counter to see what sort of viewing figures you are getting? Good luck!
    The Best Alarm clock is Sunshine on Chrome

6. Re: New Website 
    i would change the http://prntscr.com/kki85 part: i guess you were trying to make the text 3d? very simple trick to do that

7. Re: New Website 
    camera.op76
    thanks very much for the feedback... I'm looking into a logo design today as it happens

8. Re: New Website 
    nice site, the only major downfall is that its all in flash so like Dabz said it wont show up on the ipad etc.
    Also your email address isnt set up as a link and you cant select the text to copy it which is a bit irritating for someone that would like to email you potentially.
    Some of your text is very small, although I am looking at it on a hi-res screen so it could just be me but it was hard to read.

9. Re: New Website 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by A13X4ND7A
    nice site, the only major downfall is that its all in flash so like Dabz said it wont show up on the ipad etc.
    Also your email address isnt set up as a link and you cant select the text to copy it which is a bit irritating for someone that would like to email you potentially.
    Some of your text is very small, although I am looking at it on a hi-res screen so it could just be me but it was hard to read.
    flash is a pain for anything apple... yeah I agree about the writing... looks kind small. its hard packing 12 years into such a small space.

I am not sure about my email... I have put links to email before and been inundated with spam. englarement pills and ppi claims all that rubbish, so kinda trying to avoid that nonsense

10. Re: New Website 
    Diamond Member
    Impressive C.V. 8-)