Notices

Thread: Suzuki versus Kawasaki

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    As a neutral in this particular debate which seems to be overtaking this forum, I was just wondering which make of bike came first and second at Thruxton last week.....

The great thing about being a Beemer owner is that no one out there gives a stuff about it and therefore you can't get embroiled in mindless and futile arguments over trivial matters. Sorry bout that - I was just feeling a little lonely and left out lol.

2. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    someone had to go and spoil the fun with a dedicated thread
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry Richie - won't do it again, promise.

4. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Ignore BSB - what happened on the WSB front? ;D

5. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Scott - Havn't a clue as I'm completely ignorant on the subject and intend staying that way. Damn, but I won't sleep without knowing. What's happening in WSB?

6. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Suzuki/Ducati are right at the top whilst the Kawasaki's are no-where to be seen.

7. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    and therefore you can't get embroiled in mindless and futile arguments over trivial matters
    its called banter graeme

also known as craic, having a laugh, friendly jibing/rivalry etc

if you think its anything serious then i applaud your carefully covered look down your nose remarks. how very gallant of you.

sorry about that......just feeling a little left out and lonely as my gixer friends aren't here

..........and oh yeah.......which race at thruxton.........first or second?

8. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are the bikes the same in BSB and WSB? Which is closer to a stock production bike?

9. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Diamond Member
    Richie - no offence intended and I apologise if it came across that way - just my dry sense of humour.

10. Re: Suzuki versus Kawasaki 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Richie - no offence intended and I apologise if it came across that way - just my dry sense of humour.
    no offence taken.......... us geordies have thick skin as well as thick heads

to answer you question about the bikes in BSB and WSB

strangely enough the bikes in WSB are more closer to stock production bikes than the ones involved in BSB. This is due to stricter rules applied in the WSB race series in terms of the amount of non stock changes to the bikes internals.

in BSB you have 'big bang' Yamaha R1's, which are not allowed in WSB. Also a lot of the parts that HRC have supplied to the Honda HM Racing team are deemed illegal in WSB as well, making the BSB fireblade the fastest circuit blade ever made.

Not all that sure about the differences in the ducati's. as far as i'm aware, Airwaves Ducati were running ex WSB bikes last season, but with what changes i don't actually know.

In both series, Ducati are dominating.........although suzuki are running them close in WSB (but we won't mention the rizla team in BSB)

Kawasaki's are getting there. the last zx10 proved to be a beast no one could tame. the current bike is gradually getting there as shown by 3 kwaks lining up in the second row at WSB at the weekend, and glimpses of it in the early laps at Thruxton in BSB.