Notices

Thread: Harley Davidson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Harley Davidson 
    onfire23
    Are there any members who own a Harley? :

2. Re: Harley Davidson 
    I think there are at least two admitting to owning them. Didn't someone post a piccie of one lurking in their garage on here somewhere?

Why? Thinking of buying one & changing your lifestyle or do you want to slag 'em off or something? (Joke!!)

BB

(edited for spelling)
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Harley Davidson 
    [smiley=grin.gif] me : I do - and my SO is pretty good with engine stuff if your after that sort of info too!

4. Re: Harley Davidson 
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire23
    Are there any members who own a Harley? :
    Point of this thread please?

5. Re: Harley Davidson 
    I think OF wants to borrow your chaps and leather cap

6. Re: Harley Davidson 
    Diamond Member
    Theres nothing wrong with Harleys! (Except the brakes! Yes they DO have them!) They make some decent speed bikes as well as cruisers! In the states of course they dont have to worry bout corners so it makes life easier!!

;D

7. Re: Harley Davidson 
    Quote Originally Posted by rex the sprocket
    I think OF wants to borrow your chaps and leather cap

Only leather chaps i've got are for riding my horse and they smell of horse sweat! :-*

8. Re: Harley Davidson 
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante 271
    Theres nothing wrong with Harleys! (Except the brakes! Yes they DO have them!) They make some decent speed bikes as well as cruisers! In the states of course they dont have to worry bout corners so it makes life easier!!

;D

i don't recall old two stroke suzooks going round corners that well either :P in fact KH's were even worse

9. Re: Harley Davidson 
    onfire23
    Quote Originally Posted by HC8
    [quote author=rex the sprocket link=1148660070/0#4 date=1148837257]I think OF wants to borrow your chaps and leather cap

Only leather chaps i've got are for riding my horse and they smell of horse sweat! :-*[/quote]
    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Thanks for that Rex bit YMCA 8-)

10. Re: Harley Davidson 
    Diamond Member
    If you want to see some corners in the US you could do worse than Deals Gap in North Carolina. Check out tailofthedragon.com or do a google search on Deals Gap. You wouldn't have any chicken strip left if you did that road. I've seen videos of Harleys and Goldwings all going down that road scaping their pegs and chromework on the way down.

I would like to have a go on a Harley as without trying one it's impossible to have your own opinion about how the bikes handle and I would agree with HC8 that 70's and 80's jap bikes were not the best in the twisties especially in the wet. I had enough experiences on my 3 Honda's to know that well enough. But the Kwack 500H1 was a monster!