Notices

Thread: no pressure :(

1. no pressure :( 
    Went for a spin with Onfire last night to test out my new rubber - Pirelli Corsa's from Elliots in Cricklade

Great ride, a tall coke at the pub then gets back on the bike for the last leg to Cirencester when.......

Coming round a right-hander at about 75mph and the steering totally locks up and I just about make it out the other side - feels like somebody has put a pole through the forks.

I pull over (****ting bricks) to find the front tyre is totally flat - no warning, no weaving beforehand.

No apparant damage to the tyre so I can only assume the valve failed.

Luckily I have a spare set of wheels (with wets) so we called the Mrs out with bike stands and appropriate tools and swapped the front wheel.

It was even luckier cos I had offered Onfire a ride on the prilla 5 minutes earlier...........

How fecked off with Elliots should I be? Has this happended to anybody else? > > > >

2. Re: no pressure :( 
    Diamond Member
    Blimey Rex that isn't good! I would be polite to Elliots, but at the same token, firm with my thoughts!

3. Re: no pressure :( 
    geez, lucky it didn't end worse off mate. good luck
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: no pressure :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    geez, lucky it didn't end worse off mate. good luck
    Was heading towards one of those dry stone walls so the old sphincter was going a bit.....

I have heard of tyres loosing some pressure at very high speeds, bit not a total loss at 75mph

5. Re: no pressure :( 
    Glad to hear you only suffered a fright. feck, I'd have been straight off!

Agreed - Polite but firm. It might be their reputation but it is your life! If manufacturing fault on valve then a bit beyond their control but they certainly need to know & check it all out. Could be a faulty batch or something!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: no pressure :( 
    wasnt that pleased with the way elliots spoke to me when i went there. treated me like some dumb little kid. a bloke i work with lives like 30 secs walk away and after a few probs with them he would rather take his bike elsewhere. i know i shouldnt be saying this but they really p***ed me off when i went there.

7. Re: no pressure :( 
    Platinum Member
    Say it the way it is mate,people need to know if there's a problem with a a product/dealer,thanks for your input!

GB.

8. Re: no pressure :( 
    Good to hear your ok m8, go string em high

9. Re: no pressure :( 
    Platinum Member
    BLOODY HELL MATE thank goodness you managed to hold it. don't two in one week, in fact don't want one in any week.