Notices

Thread: How d'ya like the heat?

1. How d'ya like the heat? 
    Last weekend, I did a few miles, but it was just too hot ( I never thought I would say that). I went across the New Forest into Salisbury, and thought I better wear my leathers as there are car drivers about! and when I arrived I was feeling quite ill. How do you people cope with the heat? 8-)
    Mind you I did a lot of local miles in just a tee shirt, But I make my kids suffer, if they go on the back I always make them wear jackets. good riding......Rod

2. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    I've got an Alpinestars MX1 leather suit and its vented. So when riding along its nice and cool. However it gets pretty hot when waiting at the lights..

Stop for drinks too to rehydrate is a good suggestion.

3. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    I got the old fashioned classic biker jacket, very hot, and the old 250 raptor does not go fast enough to generate a breeze ;D ha ha

4. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    I've been riding in old style leather bike trousers & textile jacket and melting too, taken to carrying plenty of water and a spare t shirt or blagging one off a friend when I arrive! Looking to get some decent kit.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    Platinum Member
    Good move BB! :-*

6. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    Yes, it's one way to increase the number of T shirts you own! ;D

Oh, did you mean get decent kit?

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: How d'ya like the heat? 
    Platinum Member
    Neither!