Notices

Thread: Just had my first off

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.

Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a ****e mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.

I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.

Bike is bumped Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side :'( My poor Mork.

The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.

Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.

Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no ****er came and helped.

Icey

2. Re: Just had my first off 
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you mend quick. You're right to go & get yourself checked out. Bike can be easily mended. We're all more important than the bikes!

3. Re: Just had my first off 
    must be something in the air today
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: Just had my first off 
    Geez, not another one. Will you lot stop falling off please! Get well soon!
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

5. Re: Just had my first off 
    Platinum Member
    sorry to hear that, hope eveythings fine with your finger. stupid gravel! >

6. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).

I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.

What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.

Ho hum.

7. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Thanks for your kind words

8. Re: Just had my first off 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Sweetheart! So sorry to hear the news! I know it such a cliche but if i can help let me know! Hope the finger gets better soon!

Take care,

Andrew

9. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    I've just got up - couldn't sleep - my knees are so sore - my finger too - wasn't able to get painkillers last night as everywhere was shut.

If anyone knows where I can get parts second hand - that would be a great help.

10. Re: Just had my first off 
    Icey
    Funniest thing is - I broke my right hand 4th finger - but I fell on my left side.