Notices

Thread: Do you listen to music when riding?

1. Do you listen to music when riding? 
    I love the sound of my triple makes but sometimes when doing long boring motorway miles, it's nice to have some tunes. What do the rest of you think?

2. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    Diamond Member
    Yes I do ever since wiring up a comms unit so Jo and I could talk while riding down to Trept in the south of france the other year, I have thought why waste the money and still listen to my Creative Labs MP3 player.

3. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    i usually sing to myself ;D ;D

but trouble is its usually the last song i heard before i'd put my helmet on/ left whether i like the song or not now all i need to find is a way to erase that song and get one i do like ;D

4. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleychic
    i usually sing to myself ;D ;D
    Yeah, I think we've all been there if we're honest :-[ Where would we be without helmet karaoke ;D

5. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    Diamond Member
    No way, none of you have heard my singing and you wouldnt want to either, I have to have the music playing otherwise I would be madder than I am already.

6. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    realllllllly you gotta admit though if its only you hearing your singing how do you know whether its good or bad? :P

7. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    I've not tried music in the lid for many years, I could never get the volume right, too loud at the lights and could not hear it at speed. I might give it another go sometime.

Not a problem for me but then I do very few m-way or dual carriageway miles, I'll take the twisty route if one is available.

8. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    I guess it makes sense if your on the bike doing boring miles on motorway etc...but then if your doing boring miles shouldn't you be doing them in a car and saving the bike for fun ones???

9. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    I guess it makes sense if your on the bike doing boring miles on motorway etc...but then if your doing boring miles shouldn't you be doing them in a car and saving the bike for fun ones???
    Sometimes it's worth it putting up with a little bit of motorway boredom (riding the slab as the Yanks say) to get to the interesting bits more quickly. When I toured Scotland in May I decided I wanted to get up there as quickly as possible so that I could spend more time riding the fantastic Scottish roads.
    I really want to get back up there later in the year and again i'll choose to go M5/M6/M74 so i'm able to spend more time on those lovely Scottish twisties

10. Re: Do you listen to music when riding? 
    True...I've not had the privlage of riding a bike up there yet, last time I went up there I was working in a works van

Even the M6 is a drag though...just seems to never end...I like the farmshop service stop though along there makes a nice change