Notices

Thread: advice on getting through your test!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. advice on getting through your test!! 
    has anyone got any advice on the best place to go to learn to ride and get through your test?? and bare in mind this is not for me lol... but my gf, she is only five feet ish :-/ , but she is really keen to get on with this, so any advice you have will be welcomed ,

ps she wants tubz bike as thinks she will fit that 1 lmao

2. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    I know it's impossible, but the best thing is to relax and enjoy the ride...she'll be more fluid then if she's not worrying about who's behind her. If she makes a mistake don't panic, carry on as if it hadn't happened as sometimes the examiners will overlook one small mistake
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Is this to pass her test or to learn to ride from scratch?

Where are you based? Able motorcycle training based in Trowbridge are very good - I think they taught Dabz and I did some advanced training with them early last year. Would recommend them - if you are local I will dig out their contact details.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Yup Able got me from a complete novice ("how do you change gear?&quot to getting through my test
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Sue600
    Phoenix in Chippenham is also brilliant.

My examiner chatted to me after the test, said its more about whether they feel you are safe to be let loose - aswell as doing the technical stuff ok. The girl who did hers with me was really shaky (she dropped the bike on a regular basis) but only just held it together on the test, loads of faults but still passed.

It's more about your battle with nerves... rode mine like I'd already failed and treated it like a practice for the next one. Passed fine. Relax, enjoy, they arent out to fail you. They can cope with a little wobble or two as long as you are safe and still in control.

As shes a little on the short side, would recommend ringing around, chatting to them and even going to sit on the bike they intend to train her on, before making a choice. Alot of it is down to personality, she will need someone to push her and get over any nerves, but not feel bullied.

Sue

6. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    I would also recommend Phoenix...

As me & your Gf are the same height, They had a good choice of bikes to make me feel comfortable enough to get my feet down. Plus they are a great bunch. Is she indending on doing a DAS thingy??

As for getting the same bike as me... well thats abit like going out and realising your wearing the same dress as another girl in a club. haha but I would recommend my lil ninja to your gf.

7. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    I can only agree with what Sue has already said, relax! They are looking for a confident rider, don't worry about a mistake to much, as long as you keep good control, which you know you can do already, after all you are going to take your test, so you KNOW you can handle the bike!

RELAX! its the main thing, enjoy the ride, they are looking to pass you, they like to see confident riding, I passed my test even though I made a mistake on my turn in the road, which he could have failed me on, but as he said as I rode so well the rest of the time, he was prepared to overlook it as just nerves.

RELAX, you CAN do it!

Good luck!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    If you live near Trowbridge then I can definately recommend Able Motorcycle Training, I had never riden before (been pillion millions of times), and he got me through, he was extremely patient!!
    It's all about the ride!

9. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Able are very good. Got my wife through her test a couple of years back. Just keep checking your mirrors on your test

10. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    i recommend moto-vation in lyneham, got me and 3 of my mates through the test first time. he talks plain and simple !! he is always busy so i would give him a phone. mosy places wont take you until you have taken your hazard perception and paper test first though!