Notices

Thread: Off!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Off!! 
    I had my first off today :'(, I wasn't even going that fast less than 5mph but quite a lot of damage to my bike when I fell down some steps in to some poor chaps front garden :-[. I am okay no physical damage just a bit shocked I guess.

Thank you to Iceman, Fireblade and ER-5 for your help today and lifting my bike out of the garden for me and all the help you gave me. Thank you Iceman for making sure I got to Jct 16 M4 safely too .

I am back home and my noble steed is in the garage awaiting it's repair : :'(

2. Re: Off!! 
    Never mind NB, at least there is no damage to youself.......the bike can easily be fixed.

Still can't work out the steps connection (not the pop band btw )
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Off!! 

I turned right out of a car park onto the road and there were houses on the left with steps down to them. I was going so slowly as always exit carefully, not carefully enough this time : . The next thing I knew I was under my bike down some steps :-[ . I think I must have looked at the houses rather than where I was going if you know what I mean for just a split second and everyone knows that where you look is generally where you end up :-[ stupid I know

4. Re: Off!! 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear this and I hope that you are ok and not too much damage to you.
    Have a long warm soak in a bath.

5. Re: Off!! 
    ah right.....well everyone has made mistakes somewhere along their biking lives. At least you're ok and the bike is easily repairable.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

6. Re: Off!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    Sorry to hear this and I hope that you are ok and not too much damage to you.
    Have a long warm soak in a bath.
    Yes I am fine just a little shocked that's all and my textiles and boots etc... are still in tact even though I went under the bike

7. Re: Off!! 
    Pics of my poor bike, you can't really see a lot Fairings all sratched, including the part near the headlight which is split also and right hand indicator taped up. Foot rest missing and exhaust scraped and dented. Wing mirror and wing mirror arm chipped and scraped. Speedo housing scraped also

8. Re: Off!! 
    hi ninjababe, i really thought u was gonna help yourself to the poor mans dinner who's steps u went down, i could see u goin 2wards his front door. never mind thoug atleast ya steed got u home. seee u soon.

sean 8-) ;D

9. Re: Off!! 
    its strange the 2 drops my better half has had on her virago has been doing slow manovers.

glad your not hurt but next time you want to ride up or down stairs please borrow one of my tys it will be safer.
    if it moves shoot it with a camera

10. Re: Off!! 
    Platinum Member
    Glad your ok - bike is easily fixable

Are you going through your insurance or doing it yourself as we'd be more than happy to assist - Have good eperiance of rebuilding broken kwaks

BTW I would blank out your reg in the photo