Notices

Thread: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Platinum Member
    Opinions on this footage caught by an umarked police bike. Was the officer chasing or encouraging the rider to ride fast? In both cases there was recklessness on both sides including an almost head on with another biker.It's not clear whether the officer had his lights or siren on but from the reflections on passed vehicles and ambient sound it would appear not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2PBMGmUjTE

2. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    seen it before and in opinion the copper is in the wrong and the biker is but not as much since if the copper had his blues and toos on he would off stopped.

3. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Platinum Member
    I agree with you sunner, he didnt have to chance him that far before stopping him

4. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Diamond Member
    that copper should have been done, he got him at the beggining doing over 100mph so he should have ended the chase at that, even over 100mph through 30's and the copper carrys out, thats the copper putting lives at risk for not stopping it, he was just enjoying a quick ride and using it as an excuse,

5. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    hmmm I think that is a little unfair, I think plod is being silly there.
    Just on another note, and purely for interest / entertainment information, have talked to a few guys about this recently.

If in the unlikely event you have not noticed you are speeding due to concentration on the road other road users etc and you find yourself in pursuit with helicopter etc, then you just need to make for an international airport and they cant follow you in there. (The helicopter I mean)

I guess you park up and then get a taxi home. As I say, I know that is naughty and would never condone it or attempt it myself. riding skills here mean i never speed as not good enough to top 70 at all but just thought i would mention it. Sort of public information broadcast....

6. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Strictly not true, they can follow you in! They have full permissions even in controlled airspace as long as the ATC gives them authorisation to proceed into the TCZ. It'd be the luck of the draw me thinks, if there was say a couple of heavies on the way in you'd be lucky and they may have to abort but if the airport was quiet of there was a 'window of opportunity' for them to follow you in, I think you'd be even more stuffed as they'd not find it funny you were trying to avade them in such ways lol

7. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    quite right! So basically Heathrow is your best bet. ! Nah, they'd see the funny side.... wouldnt they....(anyhoos the sun is out so i am skiving off to to GW for a nosey around i think.

8. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Diamond Member
    lmao, just run into the airport and ask for the next avalible flight let them try follow you then, they might follow the plane u get on, in thier chopper ;D

9. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Platinum Member
    that sounds like something from Grand theft auto or something!!! lol ;D

10. Re: 140mph Motorcyclist filmed by unmarked police bike 
    Platinum Member
    We must not forget the rider (I don’t like to call him a biker) in question already had several reports of dangerous driving along this road. I suspect the officer in the pursuit was only following instructions and not out on a jolly.