Notices

Thread: insurance

1. insurance 
    just a quick one, has anybody any experience of MCE insurance,
    good/bad let me know please, they have given a really low qoute and am thinking of going for it

2. Re: insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Nope sorry

3. Re: insurance 
    I used them for my first bike and have now returned to them to insure the R1.

Always competitive quotes, but I have no experience of how good they deal with the headaches with claims etc

But tbh....I've never read a bad thing about them
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: insurance 
    If the quote was cheap, and it covered the basics, then I'd go with them regardless. Cost is more important to me than service most of the time.

5. Re: insurance 
    I went with MCE last year.

I would advise against them as although they're very good at undercutting other insurers, they have a tendancy to make errors in the documents so going through and checking them is important as mistakes could make any claim void. Cancelling my policy was a task too.

I'm with Aquote / TheBikeInsurer now and haven't had any problems as such [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Yeah! i am with MCE i am pretty happy with there service, very helpfull everytime i ring up to change insurance over to diff bikes etc, the only one issue i had was they never told me they get a loan for the payment in full then i had to pay a seperate company the repayments, but thats not really a problem [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: insurance 
    Platinum Member
    I am with MCE - not too bad bit of a nightmare with a claim though - will also charge a lot for any changes in policy and will still try to charge it if they screwed up

but then again they are cheap and I will probably go with them again

8. Re: insurance 
    Diamond Member
    Hopfully ill never need to claim with them fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: insurance 
    Platinum Member
    I'm with them, best quote i had for my ducati by about £200, they cover everthing i wanted, and by taking out brakedown cover it worked out even cheapere?!?!? So cant be bad in my book!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]