Notices

Thread: Electric scooter

1. Electric scooter 
    I was outside Asda Saturday and was talking to a chap with an electric scooter. He said he commutes to Devizes every day and a charge lasts about 60 miles (charges overnight) also no road tax.
    The only thing was the price - £5k. You would have to do a lot of 60 mile journeys to recoupe that.

Kev

2. Re: Electric scooter 
    Platinum Member
    ..good for the planet though mate! There's also that electric sports bike being released this year with performance similar to an average 600.That'll set you back £20k though.

3. Re: Electric scooter 
    Platinum Member
    they appear to be a good green idea until you also take into account of them having to be plugged in to be charged - so though they don't pump the rubbish out they do it via a power plant miles away!

They are weird to ride as silent, but have a good pick up and easily de-restricted as we had them to play with at my old place

4. Re: Electric scooter 
    When I spoke to the chap he said his company was planning to put in a wind turbine to create power and he could charge his scooter during the day.

5. Re: Electric scooter 
    Diamond Member
    theres electric cars poping up now aswell, anyone see that one they had on topgear ragging it round thier track ;D

6. Re: Electric scooter 
    Can't say I'm fond of any thing being electric! But 5k for a scooter seems a bit much. =/

7. Re: Electric scooter 
    Diamond Member
    yeah whats the point of having something that is green that uses power from a power plant that throws out the gasses anyway??

8. Re: Electric scooter 
    Platinum Member
    Give me the smell of petrol and the noise of a nice twin any day off the week!!!