Notices

Thread: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    As most of you know, we're not only having an announced ride-in this year at the Calne Bike Show (Sat 25th) but also a trade stand where we're doing a 'guess the combined mileage' game with proceeds going to the rotary club (who split them between a few charities)

So that myself and Amante don't have to spend all day on the stand (we have to miss the ride-in too and have to be there by stupid o'clock in the morning...end of sob story) it'd be great if people would volunteer to do an hour or two manning the stand. It'll involve talking to people about WB and selling raffle tickets for mileage guesses. Ideally you'd be wearing a WB tshirt or hoodie so people know who they're giving money to!

The ride-in thread is here if you want to join that: http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1239491024
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

2. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    as i said last night mate i will do a stint or two on the stand if needed,im gonna be there most of the day dont have any other plans for that day

3. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    I dont mind doing the stand whilst you all do the ride in thing.....but not sure if I qualify being just a pillion type person and of little knowledge in the motorbike field etc..... but am willing to 'wing it' if you like??.....also I do have a 'proper' t-shirt if that helps lol lol

p.s.....I wont be offended if someone of geater intelligence is chosen to do this rather official job lol

;D ;D ;D

4. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    No real intelligence needed to deal with the average biker! Just smile at them and the normally smile back!

I'm afraid I can't commit to do a stint as my bike will be on another stand but I hope to escape and see you as well as have a look round. Come to think of it - where will the WB stand be? :-?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    I dont mind doing the stand whilst you all do the ride in thing.....but not sure if I qualify being just a pillion type person and of little knowledge in the motorbike field etc..... but am willing to 'wing it' if you like??.....also I do have a 'proper' t-shirt if that helps lol lol

p.s.....I wont be offended if someone of geater intelligence is chosen to do this rather official job lol

;D ;D ;D
    Same with me..I don't mind doing a shift on the stand if needed so you guys can have a look around. Not sure what help I will be if someone talks technical to me :-/ BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.

roxy

6. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    thanks guys no idea where the stand is yet...hoping that Amante will let us know soon!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick

Same with me..I don't mind doing a shift on the stand if needed so you guys can have a look around. Not sure what help I will be if someone talks technical to me :-/ BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.
    roxy
    Confirmed! :-*

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    [quote author=roxychick link=1247215478/0#4 date=1247235883]

roxy
    Confirmed! :-*

BB[/quote]

: LOL x

9. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    I thought the stand was going to be in the car park behind the houses on New Road? Where they usually have the stands for all the clothing etc. Don't quote me on that as I could be wrong.

10. Re: Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted! 
    I don't mind going on the stand for a bit. Give me a PM if you need me