Notices

Thread: Waterproof gloves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Waterproof gloves 

Having tested my new Waterproof Suit on the recent WB trip down to Cornwall and being impressed by the lack of water that got through, I would now like to see if I can get some waterproof gloves as this was the only part of me that got wet!

Can anyone recommend a good make that has been tried and tested please? (not that I intend of doing alot of wet weather riding but it will be good to have the kit there if I need it! [smiley=happy.gif])

thanks

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Platinum Member
    ..yeh, marigold gloves from ASDA! ;D

3. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    yes funny but not really that helpful. Some people may like riding around with sweaty hands but not me.

4. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Roxy i got a pair of Akito rain master gloves that i dont use to small for me you can try them but think there more of a winter glove.

5. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Platinum Member
    I know you bought a Frank Thomas Aqua suit so you could try Frank Thomas waterproof overmits these are quick and easy to put on and screw up into small space when not in use, fit easy into a pocket. They will keep your ordinary gloves dry in heavy rain. They also do overboots to match and both boots and gloves are fairly cheap.
    Failing that a one piece diving suit and helmet will do the trick but you will need a pillion to operate the air pump..

6. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Quote Originally Posted by alanTDM
    Roxy i got a pair of Akito rain master gloves that i dont use to small for me you can try them but think there more of a winter glove.
    Thanks alan, if ur around this week at the mermaid or sally I'll be there to try them, you will have to make yourself known to me though! my hands are pretty small too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    I wasn't that keen on the waterproof over gloves/boots covers because its something else to carry and I get enough grief from you lot at the moment for being a girl and carrying too much stuff!! :

..but if all else fails then I will try that, the aquapac suit I have is great so I am sure the over mitts and boots covers will be good also.

still fancy some waterproof gloves though.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy

8. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Platinum Member
    I have given up with trying to find water proof gloves, they tend to start leaking at some point, I now carry multiple pairs of gloves with me so I always have dry hands at the start of a journey

Don’t laugh at marigolds I see couriers use them in London so they must work

9. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=alanTDM link=1249375782/0#3 date=1249391954]Roxy i got a pair of Akito rain master gloves that i dont use to small for me you can try them but think there more of a winter glove.
    Thanks alan, if ur around this week at the mermaid or sally I'll be there to try them, you will have to make yourself known to me though! my hands are pretty small too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

[/quote]
    Mermaid is a no go! Sally ok Thursday if you go through Box on the way can meet up at the Esso garage there, then try them out riding to the Sally. If not possible i'll have to look out for a blonde with small hands when i get there lol
    So dont go changing your hair colour in the mean time ;D

10. Re: Waterproof gloves 
    Marigolds or latex gloves under you normal gloves is quite a usful option. I've even dived in a fuel station and grabbed some plastic gloves from the pumps before now! ;D

I've got some ladies fit Dainese which have seen me through some monsoons and a pait of FT ladies fit I bought in a sale earlier this year which I haven't tried yet.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”