Notices

Thread: Isle of man campsites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Isle of man campsites 
    Going to the TT next year and looking for decent campsite near or in Douglas. Any ideas????

2. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Not Douglas, but a guy I know camps near the swimming pool in Peel which he reckons is good. Personally we rent a cottage over there.

There are quite a few camp sites if you Google, or try emailing the tourist info over there. I've always found them pretty helpful

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Hey BB, I gather that you're going to the Manx in a few weeks - are you staying in the cottage near Peel? We'll be in the Hydro hotel on Douglas Prom it's 9 years since I was last there, can't wait to get back 8-) Maybe we'll bump into you sometime over the week [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Yup, we will be there - 8 of us in a cottage that sleeps 6

Close to the Whitehouse Hotel and walking distance of all amenities (pubs/grub) in Peel, it's also got a garage and it's surprising how neatly you can park 7 bikes inside ;D

Maybe we should set up a WB meet over there?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Yeah, we could meet up sometime, maybe at a viewing point for the races one day. None of the people that I'm going with have been before so we'll probably start off with a well-known spot such as the Gooseneck, then maybe the Bungalow area, then perhaps somewhere like Quarterbridge (if we walk there we can have a beer or two...) I'll PM you my mobile number if you like and maybe we can arrange a meet... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Platinum Member
    how do youget tickets for tt or do you just turn up lol, im clueless :-[

7. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    You don't 'buy' tickets for TT or Manx GP - you just pay extortionate ferry costs followed by high accommodation costs and basically stand where you are still permitted to view!

The races are held on the normal roads on the island which are just closed for practice & racing. Aside from sponsorship the race programme is about the only direct way to pay for viewing

BB

8. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Yeah, we could meet up sometime, maybe at a viewing point for the races one day. None of the people that I'm going with have been before so we'll probably start off with a well-known spot such as the Gooseneck, then maybe the Bungalow area, then perhaps somewhere like Quarterbridge (if we walk there we can have a beer or two...) I'll PM you my mobile number if you like and maybe we can arrange a meet... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    pm to you too!
    Gooseneck is good as is Bungalow - if dry weather. Quarterbridge can get a bit crowded and if you are short like me... but as you say the pub is handy!
    Have you checked out what's on? Aside from the racing, Thursday is always a good day with Ramsey Sprint and Peel Beachcross
    http://www.manxgrandprix.org/events.html

BB

9. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Platinum Member
    o wow cool. have to look into it, find out when it is and stuff. alway thought you had to get tickets. silly me thanks bb

10. Re: Isle of man campsites 
    Be careful when riding on the island.

The police use unmarked camera bikes and follow you around.

We just had a member of the aircooled RD club banned for a year after being filmed by the following biker cop.

Our man lost his job as well as a result - Motorcycle Instructor