Notices

Thread: 100bhp threat

1. 100bhp threat 
    Some of you will remember a very long while ago about a certain guy called Bannerman who came up with the idea of leg protectors and 100bhp limit which France now has a 100bhp limit.
    Well the EU has come up with it again
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...t-looms-again/

Also France is to introduce new laws of there own including speeding etc.
    http://www.fema-online.eu/index.php?...t01returnid=57

2. Re: 100bhp threat 
    can't imagine that getting through...it'd destroy the international market for super sports bikes
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: 100bhp threat 
    Haha! Its wednesday! Must be MCN bullsh1t day!

As above. Cannot see this getting through without a hell of a bight from the manufacturers. Another non-story from the comic.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: 100bhp threat 
    Platinum Member
    France - Sweden and a few other countries have it - so could be possible.

One another side they'd still sell bikes if they were only 100hp! Realistically if you stuck a datalogger to most peoples bikes you'll be surprised how little of the power they actually use.

Would it bother me if they did - little bit initially as sales would drop and effect my pocket but used could increase. Riding the bikes nope as I ride singles and they're around 50-60hp and enjoy them more than a 180hp plastic fantastic [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Realistically though I can't see it happening for the foreseeable future - even though the government, police hq and similar self centred egosentric groups of retards that have a used and abuse of power don't like bikes

5. Re: 100bhp threat 
    My MT-01 only produces 90bhp, but bucket loads of torque. Do we really need more than 100bhp. I still have fun,can accelerate faster than most and still have a reasonable top speed.
    If they do it with bikes they also need to do it with cars. Today on Yahoo news they are showing a Brabus Mercedes with 788bhp!

6. Re: 100bhp threat 
    A 100bhp limit wouldn't really bother me tbh

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

7. Re: 100bhp threat 
    Platinum Member
    There is also a pile of anti tampering legislations coming up soon. I am in agreement that most people will never use this much power but you should have the choice.

8. Re: 100bhp threat 
    He he... I have fun with the 20bhp on tap from the Honda... just going slower...

Dosen't bother the bikes I ride either... the most powerful is the Sv at 75bhp...

I agree the chioce should be there and frankly, cars should face similar restrictions if restrictions are going to be imposed. I can't see a lot of police riders liking it TBH...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: 100bhp threat 
    Platinum Member
    Can't see this happening in my riding lifetime.