Notices

Thread: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Anyone travelling on the road between Calne (A4) and Devizes (A361) i.e. where the North Wilt Golf Club is please take care, especially if you are travelling in the direction of Devizes. There is a massive pot hole just past the Golf Club and any biker who hits it is very likely to have an off. A work colleague has reported it to the Council but who knows how quickly they will deal with it.

kj

2. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Diamond Member
    Good idea to mention this.

But - this could be the longest thread in history if we all add our fav pothole.
    I wrecked an alloy on the Melksham - Calne road two weeks ago, just on the end of the long straight heading towards Calne.

Was in the car fortunately, but it was huge, I thought I'd damaged my whole suspension the bang was so loud.

3. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Platinum Member
    I'd claim against the council for the damaged alloy - we done it with an Audi TT coming from Avebury way blew 2 tyres out and damaged the alloy and they paid no issues and very quickly and fixed the hole

I'd hate for anyone to damage their wheels in the other pot hole now its been reported

4. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Diamond Member
    Like Gerry Pot holes all over the place. I hit a "pot hole" on the Claverton Road by the Bath Clinic luckily it was slow speed but made a loud bang.

Council are saying the don't have the budget to repair roads. excuse after excuse, even if they do repair a pot hole its not done properly & they reappear after heavy traffic. >

Its not just the pot holes the debris left around the sides stone fly up crack windscreen or worse hit us riding

5. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Platinum Member
    For anyone going between Acton Turville and Chipping Sodbury via the Cross Hands there are some bad holes on the sharp bends near the farm a couple are right on the cornering line.

6. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    A338 near Winterbourne Earls, loads of pot holes, mud and debris.

7. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Try the road between Hinton Charterhouse and Midford. This was resurfaced a couple of years back (not very well) and the surface has lifted. Add this to the large number of pot holes and it makes for very interesting driving/riding.

8. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    Bromham to devizes is pot-holetastic. They're using cold macadam to fill in at the top of the hill into devizes today. Should be good for an hour or so. They blame it on the frost. Just got back from Alpe d'huez. -6 and 1.5m of snow not a pot hole in sight.

9. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    May be easier if people spotted a road that was well maintained, had no pot holes, over banding, mud etc.

Guess those are quite rare

10. Re: Beware - Dangerous Pot Hole 
    2 weeks ago i phoned the highways dept 0800232323 and told them about the really bad road conditions at Rudlow Council Estate on the Corsham to Five Ways road going to Bradford on Avon.Even cars had to pick there way through them at 20mph.The numb skulls from the housing estate had also taken out the catseyes,I also told them that being a biker it would be really dangerous at night riding that road.
    Start of last week there were signs that they were resurfacing the whole road near the Rudlow Coucil Estate.
    So if you want the roads to be sorted you have to ring them and tell them its dangerous for bikers and could cause a major accident especially at night.