Notices

Thread: Insurance rip-off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Insurance rip-off! 
    I am absolutely f***ing livid. My broker told me that my current insurer wouldn't insure me for the zx10 but could get me a new policy with another insurer for £340 but i would lose the no-claims for that year. I told them to get stuffed and got a policy fully comp for £126.

That was bad enough. I've just recieved my phone bill and i've been charged £18 for the calls to the broker.

It works out at £1 per minute and they didn't even give me a happy ending! The company is AQuote and i recomend you avoid these bastards like the plague.

2. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Diamond Member
    Ouch...!!!

Won't be going to them. My insurance is due end of April won't be going to Bennetts. >

3. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Platinum Member
    I was under the impression any company advertising a premium rate number had to advise of the charges on the advert/ paperwork.

Glad you got it sorted and a good deal - who was that with?

on the note of insurance i am surprised Dabz hasn't sorted out a reference code with ins companies for the site as could raise money towrds the site fees! Feel free to pm me and I can point you in the right direction

4. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    I could recommend Devitt Insurance. Also do great breakdown cover - £8.50 per month for cover on any bike, in any car, in UK and abroad. Also covers partners if wanted for this price.

5. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    i was with devitt for my 125 but when i upgraded to my 250 i phoned them up they told me it would cost almost £500 a year 3rd party, looked else where and got the insurance for £173.10 a year.

6. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Bennets did the same to me in August. I had to can my current policy with only 4 months left on it to move company to insure my new bike, so lost 8 months of the years NCB as a result!

7. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    Platinum Member
    I prob see more insurance cover notes a month than most will ever see - advantage it also shows what companies are good for what bikes if people are taking up insurance.

Just for reference my insurance is £65 a year fully comp with Bikesure
    My fireblade was £112 FC with MCE and the gsxr750 was 105 same company

8. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    It was with dial direct. I think they're all robbing gits to be honest but some less so than others. My van insurance went up by £120 a year because i moved to the other side of town but my bike insurance stayed the same. There doesn't seem to be a system to their charges.

9. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    DUCATI Insurance is really good

10. Re: Insurance rip-off! 
    The quote line for AQuote is 0800 01118444 - that's free on a landline...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen