Notices

Thread: looking for a 125

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. looking for a 125 
    been looking at 125s on ebay and have come across a sanya sy 125 for £600 but was wondering if anyone knows anything about this make?dabz said he hadnt heard of it so didnt know if anyone else had!

2. Re: looking for a 125 
    Not heard of them either :-/
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: looking for a 125 
    me neither

4. Re: looking for a 125 
    Diamond Member
    http://itrademarket.com/sanyamotor/

Google is your friend........

5. Re: looking for a 125 
    In my new career as a gas engineer I have come across someone who looks like they want to get rid of a Suzuki cruiser style 125. Been standing for a while so will need a battery, new oil and fluids but looked ok. Way better than some dodgy Chinese junk. Give me a limit and I will make them an offer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will of course try to push them for a good price...being a dodgy Londoner at heart. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: looking for a 125 
    The cheaper korean/chinese 125s are usually heavy and spare parts are difficult to get - the last thng you want is to find it's too heavy, drop it, break the brake or clutch lever and not be able to find a replacement!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: looking for a 125 
    The Chinese imports are almost a one use machine with little or no resale value. There are usually some pretty good second hand 125's around but it largely depends on the popularity of the bike test. If people choose not take it they will stay on their 125s longer.

8. Re: looking for a 125 
    Platinum Member
    Personally I would steer clear of any make you've not heard of I've seen many of these cheap chinese copies with only a couple of hundred miles on looking like they've travelled the world and stored at the bottom of a pond as the build quality isn't great (OK for sunny dry climates!) You can't easily get parts and residual value depends on how much fuel you have in the tank!

You would be better off paying a bit more and getting a known bike and then when you go to sell it you should be hit less on depretiation.

9. Re: looking for a 125 
    Platinum Member
    I had a CBR125 and it was a great little bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will keep my eye out for you

10. Re: looking for a 125 
    thanks guys!didnt even think about putting it in google!lol!
    i love the ybr but after looking on ebay i might have to wait a bit longer!hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by finbar
    In my new career as a gas engineer I have come across someone who looks like they want to get rid of a Suzuki cruiser style 125. Been standing for a while so will need a battery, new oil and fluids but looked ok. Way better than some dodgy Chinese junk. Give me a limit and I will make them an offer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will of course try to push them for a good price...being a dodgy Londoner at heart. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    how much is a new battery and stuff?will look up what they look like aswel!hehe!