Notices

Thread: Ebay - Good & Bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Diamond Member
    Recently sold a Frank Thomas leather jacket on Ebay, it was hardly used cost over £100.
    I set the start price for £50, it sold for... £50.00 !
    Not happy, but at least the guy who bought got a real bargain and was well chuffed.

But... have just bought a Dainese Two Piece leather jacket on there and I received this morning.
    It's exacly as I wanted, got a "used look" about it, which is great as hate looking just out of the shop.
    Fits my mildly amusing shape and cost £62.00 ;D

Scroll down... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Not sure how good Dianese are, but it's a name I've seen about and cost (discounted new £279.00) and I love the Tribal stuff on it.
    One well chuffed Gerry here [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So Ebay - bad for selling (but better than shoving stuff in the loft) but can be [s]good[/s] great for buying !

PS: and it's got yellow bits on it which feeds my strange banana fetish

2. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Diamond Member
    Bargain!

3. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    only ever sold a bike on ebay (got more than i payed for it), tend to buy alot of new bike kit off of there though as it tends to be slightly cheaper than the shops although can be close with GW's

great looking leathers there Gerry definatly will go with your bike, and your fetish.

lol

anyway absolute bargain, my leathers cost me £120
    £50 jacket from GW's
    £50 trousers from GW's
    £20 knee sliders from Busters accessories

so i think you got a bargain well done

4. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Very nice leathers there Gerry - gonna look good in those! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Stonking price too!

I sold my old jacket on e-bay for £77 (starting price £75) but am unable to sell the trousers. Are currently posted for 4th time, now for starting price of £65 - people always watch but don't buy >

By the way, fetish's rock - I have one for penguins!! ;D

5. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Platinum Member
    I sell loads on ebay...

Put very low starting price ie 99p which gets people bidding and costs you less!
    If 2 people bid against each other it usually goes up quick.

If you want a certain amount put a reserve on it so it doesnt sell if bids dont reach that level.. it does cost for puttin on a reserve though. If it doesnt quite reach that but a bid was close you can sent 2nd chance if your happy with the amount..Remember also you will pay commission if they pay by paypal so add that on too.

As regards Buying... decide on your maximum bid and add a penny. Put the bid in and click COMMIT at 15 secs before it finishes!

6. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Don't know where you got the £279 price from but it's waaaaaaaay off. I remember Dainese tribal leathers coming out and they were nearer the £900 mark. So forget about the money you lost on the Frank Thomas and start feeling sorry for the poor b@stard who sold the Dainese. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I've used ebay quite a bit and it is always the case of win some lose some, but as you've found Gerry there are bargains to be had.

8. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Dainese leathers for 62 quid? I think you got a result there Gerry!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

9. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    Ok so how about a Cat C insurance write off, on ebay, that has been repaired, is it worth a look?

10. Re: Ebay - Good & Bad 
    I'vee used e-bay a bit, mainly to buy and haven't had to many problems. One of my Bonnie engine cases ended up going to Australia. All went well. Boxed it up and my wife suggested putting in some Motorcycle monthly magazines so the chap could see what we get up to over here. I took it to the post office and has told it would cost £70 to send. Took it home cut down the box, left out packaging and magazines and ended up paying £20.