Notices

Thread: 2008 Tuono reviews

1. 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Hi there
    Im new to the forum and already looking for some help/info,
    I currently ride an 09 R6 and find the riding position a little unnatural to what im used to. I used to ride moto x bikes and my first road bike was a naked SV650 and feel more comfortable riding in a upright position than i do on the R6.

Im thinking of chopping in the R6 for a Tuono R and wanted to get some veiws on the bike from anyone who has had any experience with them. Im also thinking about a speed tripple but have not ridden one yet so have no idea about them.
    Any help will be greatly recieved

Thanks Don (p.s sorry for the long first post) :

2. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Diamond Member
    Sean (Tri675umph) on here has a 675 speed triple, its a cracking bike, bloody quick too!
    see him on the next rideout, he will chat to you about it.

3. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Platinum Member
    I have a 'bit' of experiance with them. 2008 I was testing them with Aprilia 8-) Great bike great handling sorted a few of the small issues they had, great for wheelies and general hooliganism acts - the only bits I didn't like was the cost both to buy and service and the position of the dials

4. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Sean.C
    Hi Don

jaydee is right , if your looking for a comfortable bike have a look at a street triple . It's a stripped down daytona with wide bars and twin spot lights , still handles like a sports bike and has a cracking engine .

Definitely worth a test ride . Good luck with the bike hunt !

5. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Cheers Shaun, Seen one in the showroom at three legged cross and it looked lovely, think it was the street triple R. Will try and get out on one to see how it feels.

6. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Ghost has a street triple - loves it to bits! Always makes him smile

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: 2008 Tuono reviews 
    Platinum Member
    The Missus has an '06 Tuono R and loves it to bits, like a supermoto on steroids she says. We also have a mate who highly rates his Street Triple. Given the choice I'd go with the Aprilia, but that's because I already have one and know how good they are. Only way to find out which is best for you is to go and ride them.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation