Notices

Thread: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Newbury :-/

2. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Make sure they teach you counter-steering, and you'll find the avoidance a breeze. Best advice, don't rush any exercises, and before setting off, take a moment to think what the examiner will be looking for. With both the 'speed' exercises, don't be too concerned about your speed through traps the first time. You'll get a second chance if you're not quite there. Before going into test, I make my pupils ride along at 35mph in second gear for a stretch, to get used to the sound of the bike at those revs. That way, you won't be looking at the speedo, you'll be doing it by ear.

Good luck... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Chatterbox
    Best of luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Everything else is shyte

4. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

5. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Make sure they teach you counter-steering, and you'll find the avoidance a breeze. Best advice, don't rush any exercises, and before setting off, take a moment to think what the examiner will be looking for. With both the 'speed' exercises, don't be too concerned about your speed through traps the first time. You'll get a second chance if you're not quite there. Before going into test, I make my pupils ride along at 35mph in second gear for a stretch, to get used to the sound of the bike at those revs. That way, you won't be looking at the speedo, you'll be doing it by ear.

Thanks very much for the advice. I am really just looking forward to getting on with it and seeing the end goal in sight. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Will Let you all know how i get on. :-*

Good luck... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Banned
    Good Luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Well the first 3 hour practise was a disaster today. I really struggled with the Slalom, figure of 8 and the slow riding. :'(

Im really worried now. Got tomorrow lesson again and then test on Sat so stressing a bit. Any advice will be good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nico_stew
    Well the first 3 hour practise was a disaster today. I really struggled with the Slalom, figure of 8 and the slow riding. :'(

Im really worried now. Got tomorrow lesson again and then test on Sat so stressing a bit. Any advice will be good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Biggest advice I can give is to relax! Once you relax to will steer better and don't forget to look where you want to go NOT at what you want to miss!

But once you relax and enjoy it the rest will fall into place.

9. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Diamond Member
    Well posted Stu, I follow what Stu says, look at where you want to go not the front wheel, I used to do that and struggled, then when I learnt to look into the distance I was fine.
    Relaxing is always good as then you arent thinking about what you should of done or could of done.

10. Re: Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nico_stew

Stay calm Nicky you know you can do it just forget its a test imagine your out on your own just having a play and practice, so don't rush and be smooth. Remember you need this so you can ride my Ducati.