Notices

Thread: World Cup

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. World Cup 
    Yes folks, it's four years since the last one and the tabloids are working themselves into a frenzy of delusion about England's chances once more... :
    I went to see that bunch of overpaid tossers at Wembley last night - fantastic stadium, good night out with some folks from work, but England were abysmal, utterly awful. The Mexicans played them off the pitch and had they had a couple of decent strikers would have annihilated us. They did this weird thing of controlling the ball and passing it to someone wearing the same colour shirt.... do you think it'll catch on? :-? As for England, a case of SSDD... no composure, panic on the ball and hoof it aimlessly away, conceding possession once more... I bet Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany and Italy are crapping themselves... >

But... the great thing is that during the WC, and especially when our useless shower are playing, the roads will be empty yay! Time to go out for a play methinks... 8-) 8-)

PS. I don't care that England won, before some smartypants points it out, they were rubbish and didn't deserve it, so there! :P
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: World Cup 
    Think you put it quite well.Watched it on the tv.Can only hope we're getting it out our system.Certain players looked nervous/out of thier league(baines,milner,carrick).And what does he hope to get out of playing Gerrard out on the left?Guy dont like playing their and it showed.
    Hope its not another Sven but with an italian accent.Time will tell.
    Come on England :

3. Re: World Cup 
    Friendly matches are pretty meaningless just a practice game that earns some money. Fans always end up less than satisfied after watching them.

However if last night is a true indication of how they will perform I don't feel so bad about drawing the USA in our office sweep. ;D

4. Re: World Cup 
    Cant get over all the hype about the world cup,world superbikes now thats a proper sport all the brits up for a win at every meeting,come the end off the year sports personality,they get a quick mention,then a bunch off tossers who play cricket (rounders) get 20 minutes,and that bloody Andy Murry what has he won ?.
    Sorry for getting carried away rant over [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: World Cup 
    Yes we are lucky with the Brit interest in WSB this year but do we have a potential Rossi?

6. Re: World Cup 
    The trouble is if this country backed its riders the way the spanish and italians do im sure from bsb up to wsb there is a few who could make it

7. Re: World Cup 
    Can't wait for the World Cup.

Preparing myself for another England disappointment but working for a boss who is football mad as well, I will console myself with buckshee days off work down at the pub [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

8. Re: World Cup 
    Never got foot ball, never will.

Only thing I get are the empty roads, and piece and quiet away from the pubs.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: World Cup 
    Diamond Member
    as long as it empties the roads im all in favour, they should put football on most weekends......oh, do they?.... :-)

id rather be kickin ar5e on the bike than kicking a pigs bladder on the grass.......

10. Re: World Cup 
    yes looking forward to the world cup so I can get on the bike with loads of empty roads.

Who needs to watch a load of hype when I can blast down a county road on my ZZR with less cars around.