Notices

Thread: Normandy to Berlin in a day - H4H. - We Made It!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Normandy to Berlin in a day - H4H. - We Made It!!! 
    Raising money for Help for Heroes charity.

So here's the plan...

A group of us are meeting at the Normandy D-Day beaches at 0530 on 6th June, then heading by motorbike to John Frost Bridge at Arnhem and on to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin. Aiming to be on Berlin the same day, some 850 miles in under 19 hours.

Anyone whos ever ridden any distance on a motorbike will probably be able to imagine that 16 or more hours in the saddle is going to be a bit of a challenge!

We're raising abit of cash for Help for Heroes, some of us on the ride have had a good friend helped by Headley Court, and we all really appreciate the work and projects that H4H supports.

Now you all know I'm after your money, so I'd better give you the link in case you want to hand over some of your hard earned...

www.justgiving.com/tim-morris

If you want to donate then pls tick for gift aid, its free money for the charity. Even if someone gives 50p or a quid it all helps, we'll need something to think about to take our minds off the pain!

And thanks,

Dex.

2. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    That's a great challenge Dex! I once rode for 16 hrs in one day (in France!) and vowed never again - I was in such agony, hot and tired - not a great combo! Wishing you the best of luck and great cause! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    Cheers mate - much appreciated

4. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    good luck hope it goes as planned

5. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    Best of Luck that sounds like a real Marathon

6. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    Best of luck on this one. Take care out there! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    Diamond Member
    Good luck, have you thought of getting a air bag for your bum??

8. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    was toying with the idea of an airhawk thing - need to look at prices though...

If anyone wants to donate in person rather than online, I should be at the sally this Thursday Night for a while - I'll be the guy waving a piece of paper at anyone who opens their wallet!

9. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    I was arranging something similar but from John O'Groats to Gibraltar.

Unfortunately I didn't have any interests so gave up on the idea, which is a shame because, being in the forces myself, I feel it's a good cause and the troops need all the help they can get when injured.

Good luck with the ride though, I'm sure it'll be an interesting trip [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Normandy to Berlin in a day - Help for Heroes. 
    well one of our Swindon bikers is at Headley Court as we speak - he was hit on the 345 (I think) last June when a Lexus 4x4 drifted across the road and hit him head-on. Jacko suffered multiple complex trauma including an open fracture on his right femur and his tib and fib shattered.

Headley have been amazing, he is recovering far better than expected or even hoped - it looked for a long time like he was going to lose the right leg. But now he's walking with sticks and getting stronger every week.

Help For Heroes was originally setup to provide money for expansion at Headley Court, and they now support other similar projects.

My support for them is very much personal, Jacko is one of my very closest mates, I still get a shudder then I think of the mess left of his Speed Triple after the accident. Wiltshire ambulance and Great Western did an incredible job saving his life that afternoon and night (10 hours surgery the first night) - Headley Court are doing an outstanding job of getting him walking again.