Notices

Thread: TYRES!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    I know how many times this subject has been disscussed on here but id rather get some fresh advice rather than read back through old posts!

In need of a new rear tyre on the fireblade, want somthing with good grip but is'nt gona ware out after 2000 miles, ive tryed the Michy 2CT's wich are good tyres but didnt last as long as i may like, any suggestions will be much welcomed. than king you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Sean.C
    i,ve got dunlop qualifier rr's on at the moment . very grippy not to sure how long there last on a blade though !

3. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    I've had 2 sets of dunlop roadsmarts... which I've toured on, scratched on, & pootled around on and have been rock solid in all conditions, but now there's the sportsmart which are very highly rated, sticky & long life. To be honest I think we're spoilt for choice>> Metz M5, Dunlop Sportsmart, Michelin pilot pure etc etc all supposed to offer great grip & life.
    I'll be going for the M5 no... Sportsmart no... M5 no... see what I mean!
    :-/

4. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Im in a similar position running Bridgestone BT014s, getting a new rear on Friday cos the front still has plenty of life left in it. Might consider a change when I get a pair or a new bike!!!

5. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Ryan, I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts put on my 10 by Micheldever Tyres (not far from you) and they were very reasonably priced - I can't fault the tyres so far, but it's too early to comment on mileage. I decided to go for something more road-biased than out-and-out sports to try and get a bit of decent life from them and they certainly grip well enough [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    indeed, thats where i go for my tyres is micheldever they are very good with prices, might try some dunlops this time then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    This last Bike mag put all the latest sport touring tyres up against each other and the Bridge BT's came out on top, so maybe have a look at them??? and no they didnt just use them on the road they tested them on road and track.

8. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Ry, i used to run an avon viper on the front and an avon storm on the back of the gsxr thou, and used to give it "a pasting" and never had a moment of panic...
    good in the wet too.....

9. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    Pirelli angel

10. Re: TYRES!!!!!!! 
    I use Bridgestone BT's on my ZX9R and they grip brilliantly in the wet and dry great all round tyres