Notices

Thread: Pillion Services Offered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Pillion Services Offered 
    Hello all,

After speaking with Gemma (Nokesy), at the hog roast, I decided to offer my service as a pillion on her bike. But, whilst we were talking, it turns out there are a fair few people who've never had a pillion. Therefore, I've decided to extend my offer to everyone on here that would like the opertunity to take someone on the back of their bike.

It's not just a case of me getting on the back and you riding about, I'll give you a few hints and tips on the best way to do it because I've had the chance to take all sorts of experience on the back of bikes and I've done it on some really busy roads [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The only thing that I'll require from you is a bike, obviously and to make sure your insurance includes a pillion because some insurance providers add this service as an extra.

If you fancy it, send me a PM and I'll arrange a time and place to practise this

2. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Diamond Member
    have only ever recorded 172 with a pillion, and 134 on the rear wheel with a passenger, can you help me to better this emlyn? thanks.... most grateful for your services... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    have only ever recorded 172 with a pillion, and 134 on the rear wheel with a passenger, can you help me to better this emlyn? thanks.... most grateful for your services... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    As long as your insurance covers it and you don't mind the smell of wee on your seat afterwards [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    I've managed to get hazel comfortable enough for 3 figure speeds now (on private roads only of course)
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    It's a good idea to teach people how to take a pillion and I'm the man for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    It's a good idea to teach people how to take a pillion and I'm the man for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Really? You don't just want to scrounge a free ride-out and sit close behind nervous girlies? Would you be quite as keen to help out an 18-stone tattooed and bearded trucker who was a newbie?? :-? :-? :-? ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1281295727/0#4 date=1281388395]It's a good idea to teach people how to take a pillion and I'm the man for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Really? You don't just want to scrounge a free ride-out and sit close behind nervous girlies? Would you be quite as keen to help out an 18-stone tattooed and bearded trucker who was a newbie?? :-? :-? :-? ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

Of course I woudn't mind who it was, not even if they were an 18 stone trucker who'd never carried any extra weight on the back of their bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm now really nervous about this post :-[

8. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Platinum Member
    So am i !!! ;D

9. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Diamond Member
    Can I ride pillion on the back of Nokesy's bike? ;D ;D

Gemma, I'm only 215lb's - mere lightweight

10. Re: Pillion Services Offered 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Can I ride pillion on the back of Nokesy's bike? ;D ;D

Gemma, I'm only 215lb's - mere lightweight