Notices

Thread: What is it about....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. What is it about.... 
    ....riding your bike that you love? [smiley=happy.gif]

2. Re: What is it about.... 
    the freedom, gotta love being able to just take off, no radio, no wife in my ear just an open road.... have to be careful though last time I switched off and just rode I ended up in Durham before I realised where I was

3. Re: What is it about.... 
    ... freedom, nothing else to worry about, putting the rest of the world into reverse, having a clear run down a favourite bit of road, pulling a better wheelie than last time, putting the dick in the Impreza in his place, riding miles off road and seeing nobody else at all, doing the perfect lap of Cadwell Park.... need I go on? 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: What is it about.... 
    Platinum Member
    Feeling raw and totally alive, drawing and depending on every one of your senses, being part of the machine and the physics of the process of just getting round one single unknown corner....Christ, i've only had my bike 2 months and it's damn near taken over my life!!

5. Re: What is it about.... 
    Just actually being able to ride it......It was a personal challenge to actually get on one and do my CBT, which I did, now I just want to learn more and ride more .......I love the fact that you are open to the elements and you are in control of that machine. For me it is the adrenalin rush every time I pull away and the hope that I manage to get a little further down my 'long long road' of being educated on how to ride....every time I go out is a new lesson (thats how i look at it) and I love learning. Yup it's a brilliant feeling. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D ;D ;D

p.s...... I know I only have a 125 and do not do the stuff that the 'big boys and girls' do, but it feels blinking good anyway lol ;D

6. Re: What is it about.... 
    I heard this quote the other day which I think sums it up perfectly

motorcyclists are the only people that understand why a dog stick his head out of a window of a fast moving car.

For me it's the freedom, the adrenaline rush, and the sense of brotherhood between fellow bikers.

7. Re: What is it about.... 
    For me, it's the freedom, the adrenalin of riding progressively, the enjoyment of the sheer sexiness of bikes, the ability to blat with a mere twist of the wrist, being at one with nature, finding amazing roads, the feeling when entering and exiting corners perfectly and most of all, it's the fellow bikers you meet along the way - some that will stay in your life forever, some that just pass through and some you fall in love with!

8. Re: What is it about.... 
    Diamond Member
    .....cos i can. nuff said :-)

9. Re: What is it about.... 
    'Cos it's cheaper than a car, quicker, more fun. I haven't got to sit in endless traffic jams, suffer huge fuel bills, and pay congestion charges...

Basically 'cos I enjoy it and I'm tight!!! [smiley=happy.gif]
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: What is it about.... 
    Diamond Member
    The only thing I don't like about my bikes is not being able to wear my high heels whilst riding. Everything else, I ADORE!