Notices

Thread: Bad Karma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bad Karma 
    Not a happy bunny today, getting some more miles in to run in my new bike and picked up a rear puncture. Only 350 miles and I need a new tyre already :'( :'(

Had a nice dagger shaped piece of plastic stuck right in the centre of the tyre. Luckilly I stopped for a cup of coffee at Amesbury and thought it felt a bit odd as I pushed it backwards and noticed it then so didnt actually ride on it while it was flat.

The RAC put a temporary bung in it to get me home but V rated tyres cant be repaired apparently so it looks like a new one.

2. Re: Bad Karma 
    i know how you feel, i picked up a nail within a week of getting my blade. rotton luck mate!

3. Re: Bad Karma 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry dude, I've never had that problem, but I'm so daft I probably wouldn't notice it till the boyfriend pointed it out...

4. Re: Bad Karma 
    That sucks. Mind you i can beat your record. Found a bloody great screw in mine earlier this year after riding home from getting a new tyre fitted. 4 miles! Luckily it could be repaired. Beat that!
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Bad Karma 
    I can't beat 4 miles but I had 3 punctures in one year. one in FZI and two in S2R :

I actually ran round with a tube in the FZI for a few weeks - having promised faithfully not to break any speed limits or go daft on it!

This practice is not reccomended and boy did I get it in the neck when the guys at Phoenix spotted it! :-[

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Bad Karma 
    Hey moo,

Same thing happened to me within the first week of picking up the Gixxer.

:-/

7. Re: Bad Karma 
    3 punchures in 2 weeks on my old ZX6R

Even worse record with the car but they were always repairable

8. Re: Bad Karma 
    Platinum Member
    Rotten luck mate
    That must have been you I and the brother followed yesterday evening [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 60Plate 675 SE 8-) along the road from chitterne to the A36 then round the warminster bypass to the frome round-a-bout [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I was in my brother's Hire car...... Porsche Boxter

9. Re: Bad Karma 
    Hang on. If this is bad Karma then it would mean you did something to deserve it. So come on, what was it? You're not that woman who put the cat in the bin are you?

10. Re: Bad Karma 
    Hmmm I had a bung put in my rear tyre of my GSXR1000 and still rode it for another 1500 miles with no problems as it got a nail in it just 200 miles in it from new ....