Notices

Thread: Any proper rich buggers on here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    The reason I ask is that I'm so frustrated with the racing talent we have in this country going by-the-wayside because of lack of sponsorship. What I would like to do is compile a list of would-be sponsors, ready to put their money into a pot, so that when someone outstanding (preferably from the West) comes to light, we can step in to help them on their way. It may be that you work/manage/own a business that can see the benefit of advertising on the side of a race bike. That may be a business that would like to sponsor local talent. That may be a business that wants to be seen promoting in the local area. It may be one large business, or it may be many smaller business'. We could really start something here on WiltshireBikers that could put local riders on the map, or catapult them into the limelight. Bike racing is something I am passionate about, as a lot of people are. But I find it frustrating that local riders have got the talent but not the backing. As many of you are aware, bike racing is a very expensive sport. Why should the talented riders we have, not get a chance purely because they don't have the backing?

So who out there is willing to get involved? Who would like to see either one, or a whole bunch of local business', emblazoned on a local racer's bike? Come on guys, send me a PM if you think it's possible... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    By the way, it would be interesting to see how many folks would support this idea. Who thinks I'm barking up the wrong tree? Who thinks it's a great idea?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    It's a great idea! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] If I was filthy rich I'd sponsor someone, sadly I'm not :'(

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    We were talking about getting WB on a bike when we were at castle combe at the beginning of the month, no idea what sort of costs are involved tho!
    It's Lilac... not pink!

5. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    shouldn't cost too much Jackie..... a small pot of B&Q emulsion and a half inch brush should do it!! we might have to do it whilst the owner of the bike isn't looking though!!! ;D ;D
    on a serious note... as a petrolhead I would love to sponsor an up and coming local racer but sadly I aint rich!!! :'( [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

6. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Platinum Member
    We have a allocated budget for marketing and advertising.

Kind of a very nice idea. I like the idea of helping someone out AND receiving some healthy marketing/Ad bonuses...and a few perks no doubt!!

What sort of sponsorship figures are you talking to set someone up?
    How many willing sponsors could you find on WB's?
    If there is enough interest to keep the figures at a reasonable level then i'd be interested to discuss it some more. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    We don't have much spare cash in the business (talking about my proper job..not WB :P) but would be willing to chip in what we can for a sponsorship logo etc
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    What about all those interested, on this forum, come together to sponser a rider??

There are a few people on here that can service the bike, paint it and be able to kit out the rider. This way would be a cheaper option and it'll promote the site and give everyone involved that feel good factor when they see what they've done riding round a track and competing.

9. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    It's race entry etc that costs, plus tyres, rather than equipment from what I've read :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Diamond Member
    I think it's a brilliant idea, but I'm brokeon a good day...