Notices

Thread: Driving test numbers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Driving test numbers 
    The government recently published some statistics about driving tests conducted in various places. The new 2-part test came in near the start of the 2009--2010 period (government years run from 1 April to 31 March)

Here are the number of tests added up for Wiltshire:
    Period Car Motorbike
    2007--2008 21305
    2008--2009 14186
    2009--2010 18585
    (159 old,656 new)

2. Re: Driving test numbers 
    its a fooking joke,
    But what those numbers don't tell you is how many new riders got hurt badly because the new test centre's were not properly prepared...

3. Re: Driving test numbers 
    Well the stats show what I already knew. Won't be long before the bike test will be just too expensive and too complicated... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Driving test numbers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Well the stats show what I already knew. Won't be long before the bike test will be just too expensive and too complicated... >
    At least then the Elf 'n' Safdy brigade will be happy.

5. Re: Driving test numbers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Yes, if you want to get into biking the whole palava from CBT followed by the hazzard perception and multi choice theory parts followed by the module 1 then then followed by module2. Passing each one before moving on to the next Phew!
    Thats enough to kill any intrest from a would be biker let alone the cost of it all.

However riding a bike by someone who is new to biking can be hazzardous without proper training and we want to keep everyone safe, so does anyone have ideas how to teach/examine learners and what should or should not be seen in the test.

6. Re: Driving test numbers 
    What we will end up with is lots of young kids who do a CBT and don't take their bike training any further. They will just move up to a car as soon as they can, but in the meantime whiz around on scooters.

7. Re: Driving test numbers 
    Personally i wish I'd taken my test 33 years ago... the driving test for motorcycles now is such an expensive long drawn -out affair that I'm surprised anyone can be bothered to take a motorcycle test these days.
    The figures that Ro posted at the top of this thread doesn't surprise me at all, the motorcycle driving test in it's latest incarnation is too complicated ,too involved an too expensive, It seems to me that the powers that be are trying to discourage people to ride bikes.
    you would have thought that motorcycling would be encouraged to ease congestion, to lower carbon emissions and to make everyone nicer caring people, like we all know bikers to be!! ;D
    rant over!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

8. Re: Driving test numbers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Personally i wish I'd taken my test 33 years ago... the driving test for motorcycles now is such an expensive long drawn -out affair that I'm surprised anyone can be bothered to take a motorcycle test these days.
    The figures that Ro posted at the top of this thread doesn't surprise me at all, the motorcycle driving test in it's latest incarnation is too complicated ,too involved an too expensive, It seems to me that the powers that be are trying to discourage people to ride bikes.
    you would have thought that motorcycling would be encouraged to ease congestion, to lower carbon emissions and to make everyone nicer caring people, like we all know bikers to be!! ;D
    rant over!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Chris you hit the nail squarely on the head. The powers that be would never admit it publicly, but would love to see all bikes off the road. we are viewed by many as nothing more than a nuisance on the roads

9. Re: Driving test numbers 
    (government years run from 1 April to 31 March)

Very appropriate start date for any gummint :

Yeah got too expensive so can understand the numbers drop ... and with things going up with vat rise can see even less doing it
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: Driving test numbers 
    To be honest it isn't that expensive when you think about it, ok the training and test may be a little more but you soon get the money back with a bike test on what comes after, INSURANCE!

I pay roughly £300 now for a tzr125 and a gpz500, find me any car that i can get insuance for as low as that aged 21!