Notices

Thread: That Nail in the tyre.....

1. That Nail in the tyre..... 
    So yesterday i patiently (not really) sat in my garage pulling a bloody inch long nail out of my tyre. when it eventually came out there didnt seem to be any air excaping. Poured the soapy water on etc. Nothing.

The nail had gone diagonal across the tyre. Checked the pressure this morning and no change. So happy days. But....

IS IT SAFE?
    what ya reckon?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: That Nail in the tyre..... 
    Might be a slow puncture - most common with modern tyres. Espacially motorcycle ones with steel lining replacing innertubes.

Just keep an eye on pressures - pressures are the only thing that kills a tyre.

3. Re: That Nail in the tyre..... 
    Platinum Member
    Yea could just b a slow puncture, if the weight of the bike is on the tyre for a while you may find it goes down faster, but if it dont seem to change in pressure much you could always get some tyre gunk to be on the safe side

4. Re: That Nail in the tyre..... 
    go easy till your sure its not a slow puncture, if no puncture should be fine.

5. Re: That Nail in the tyre..... 
    Nelly for piece of mind you could take it to someone who can check the inside for you like Jaydee or Bike Aid I'm sure someone will give you a proper check and assure you for a tenner or so

6. Re: That Nail in the tyre..... 
    I'd have it checked and possibly tubed. It could be fine stationatry, but at speed it could let go.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"