Notices

Thread: dropped it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. dropped it 
    i dropped my vfr400 saturday night in the fuel station. it has aftermarket fairings at the moment in movistar colours they weren't in the best condition anyway so im thinking of replacing them all for a total different colour scheme. (repsol colours)
    I found fairing kits on the net whitch look ok in the pictures but just wondered if anyones has any feed back on these as there obviously not genuine.??

2. Re: dropped it 
    Platinum Member
    nooooooooooooooooooooo! :'( never mind mate it can always be fixed

3. Re: dropped it 
    yea it needs a clutch lever as the ball snapped off obviously the fairing its scratched the exhuast but im gunna try an buff that out as i have also seen alot of carbon fibre bits i like the looks of so well the g/f is gunna let me spend money on it i best make the most of it lol

4. Re: dropped it 
    Bad luck :'(

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: dropped it 
    AWWW bad luck shrek....if it makes you feel any better...Ive dropped mine 6 times now and I still keep going hehe.....had to get a new clutch lever too....but snapped the little knobby bit off the new one too....so now i just carry on with it.....doesnt notice much.....hehe.....easy done (very easy in my case hehe)
    Keep smiling ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I do hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: dropped it 
    Diamond Member
    ive used aftermarket kits before, theyre ok now, some used to be not so good years ago, but theyve all cleaned their act up now.....

why not see if the company will cut you one sticker from a set, this will let you know how helpful they are, and would be able to provide replacement single stickers if you dropped it after the spray job....

7. Re: dropped it 
    Bad luck Shrek.
    Know a chap who rides a VFR400; he has just resprayed his fairings a Ducati Red! The decals were the hardest job,he reckons.
    There is a comment for Beamer too!
    Them "knobby bits" on the end of the brake and clutch lever are there to protect your body from being punctured in the unfortunate event of a spill. :
    There are levers that "fold"; probably more expensive but possibly worth looking into?

8. Re: dropped it 
    hehe....cheers for that tractordriver hehe.....and there was me thinking they were just there to look pretty.....women eh?? hehehehe

;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

9. Re: dropped it 
    Quote Originally Posted by SHREKUSVFR
    i dropped my vfr400 saturday night in the fuel station. it has aftermarket fairings at the moment in movistar colours they weren't in the best condition anyway so im thinking of replacing them all for a total different colour scheme. (repsol colours)
    I found fairing kits on the net whitch look ok in the pictures but just wondered if anyones has any feed back on these as there obviously not genuine.??
    How did you drop it?
    Was it spilt fuel on the floor?

10. Re: dropped it 
    no it was my own stupid mistake i went to lean it on the stand to get off this would be the same stand that i forgot to put down and it just went before i could catch it not my cleverest moment :'( thanks for all yur help though guys not in any rush to do it as its still ridable an christmas is cumin an so is the bad weather.