Whilst sitting in the car on the way to yet another Christmas shopping trip, me and 'er indoors were listening to a debate on Radio 2 about a group of black people who were asked to pre-pay in a Pizza Hut cos the management didn't like the look of them. I know this may not seem to have a link to bikes, but I remember being asked to pre-pay in a petrol station in Cardiff cos of the number of people nicking fuel. At the time I was livid, and told the management what I thought of their policy, bearing in mind, the most fuel I could get away with would be about £15 worth, compared to the average car at about £70. Add to the fact I was on a liveried bike (CSM Rider Training plastered all over it). Regardless of whether I would run out of fuel or not, I refused to pre-pay and rode on to the next petrol station. What made me particularly incensed was them announcing it over the forecourt tanoy, which made me feel like a criminal. Since then, I have refused to remove my helmet when paying, although I always have my wallet out ready to pay (not a gun). They can take my money with my helmet on, or not take it at all as far as I'm concerned.

I did also have an experience many years ago where my girlfriend and I were caught by the landlord as we walked into a busy beer garden, and ordered to leave before we had even set foot in the pub.

Has anyone else suffered such prejudice? >