Just thought I'd pop a small warning up on the site.

A few weeks back, it would seem the council decided to do something daft and IMO, downright stupid.

As you come off Beckhampton Roundabout, heading towards Calne, there is now a concrete island, and I suspect there will shortly be a keep-left bollard atop it before too long.

It's in a position where it will be quite easy to come off the roundabout behind something big and slow, with the vehicle in front blocking view of the island/bollard, which will then become remarkably apparent when you pull out to overtake the slower vehicle up the hill.

I suspect this because it's at just about exactly the point I have done this hundreds of times - there have been times in the past where I have been already doing 70 by the time I crossed the spot the island now sits on.

To further my point, this evening my little brother was coming home from work, and was behind some idiot chav in a barried-up Peug-troen/ Cit-geot thing, who went to barrel past the car in front, off the roundabout, and then had to slam the anchors on dramatically, forcing him to emergency stop in turn.

BE AWARE, FOLKS. I can see a big accident happening there before very long at all.