Thread: Knee Down School

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Knee Down School 
    Diamond Member
    I know you're not, I'm just stubborn! lol ;D

2. Re: Knee Down School 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    You know that feeling, when you're sure everyone else is right, but it doesn't matter until you hear the sound of scraping bone on tarmac?

That's it...
    Fixed it for you.

3. Re: Knee Down School - waste of f*^king time 
    Platinum Member
    I totally agree with Scotty by hey what do I know : Way too many people crash on track trying to get thier knee down- even if they can do it before on the local roundabout.

Oh and I could teach you to get it down depending on your skills and ability to learn within 10 mins - 1 hour but to be honest you don't need it if your thinking of doing track days it'll come naturally and give you a better buzz than being strapped to a meccano braced bike that can't fall over. These schools have only just arrived and no doubt (IMHO) dissapear soon too

4. Re: Knee Down School 
    Diamond Member
    Ok, ok! lol, you have convinced me not to bother!

But I hope you realise this means one you may be stuck with the job of teaching me! ;D

5. Re: Knee Down School 

SF - You're coming on the Wales trip???? ...that will sort you out!!!

HA HA HA

roxy [smiley=evil.gif]

6. Re: Knee Down School 
    she`s the daddy when it comes to knee down action ;D

7. Re: Knee Down School 
    Diamond Member
    So many jokes, so little time....

8. Re: Knee Down School 
    If it's something that you want to do, then do it. I'm sure it will be a great laugh. Anyone who's been on track and says they haven't at some point thought about getting their knee down is a liar.

The other coments about it not being the be-all and end-all of riding are true but it doesn't mean you're wrong for wanting to have a go at it.

Personally I feel it'd be a waste of money but luckily it's got sod all to do with me or anyone else.

9. Re: Knee Down School 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Ok, ok! lol, you have convinced me not to bother!

But I hope you realise this means one you may be stuck with the job of teaching me! ;D
    As I said get a few sessions under your belt on track and it will come along naturally (unless your OnFire lol) Just focus on your lines, positioning and speed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Knee Down School 
    I totally agree with Scotty and Stu. Once you've started scraping your footpegs on a regular basis, then you're ready for knee-down action. The sole purpose of getting your knee down is to gauge lean angle, and stand the bike up more. If you're Rossi, you'll use it to stick the bike back on it's tyres when you've lost traction. Unless you're scraping pegs, then it's not at all necessary. When I started racing, I used my knee a lot to gauge lean angle, but once I got used to it, I rarely scraped my knee. It simply did not become a requirement. Fast cornering is far more involved than the need to ware kneesliders out. Stick with Ron, he'll get you sorted... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk