Notices

Thread: Pioneer 125cc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Pioneer 125cc 
    Hi Guys has anyone out there in WB land ever had or knows anyone who has ever had one of these
    http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers....XF125L-4B.html

If so what was the verdict, or can you offer a verdict

2. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    hi wolfhunter, my son had a chinese 125 not the xf125 but a skyjet. it was a copy of the honda repsol racing 125 & in my opinion you get what you pay for,we had endless problems such as brittle plastics, very soft metal, poor electrics, bulbs blew every couple of days i could go on & on.we ended paying alot of money out on replacement parts so not such a bargain as we thought. :'(

3. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    Banned
    I've got an 09 shineray sitting in the garage which
    I came about by recreationally ebaying without doing the research. It needs some work before it's roadworthy as was stolen recovered but has rusted a lot on exhaust and bits of frame already. Too early to say if I'll end up hating it or tolerating it but don't expect anything close to Japanese build quality

4. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel
    Hi Guys has anyone out there in WB land ever had or knows anyone who has ever had one of these
    http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers....XF125L-4B.html

If so what was the verdict, or can you offer a verdict
    Get the barge pole out, and still don't try to touch it...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    cool cheers guys

Ok next question I used to own a 125 shadow due to the low centre of gravity (OK i have small legs)

can anyone recommend another low rider of the 125cc range

6. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    Platinum Member
    What about the Yamaha Dragstar ? As it is a bigger framed V-Twin 125 may be a better option [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Think its this one XVS125 Dragstar

7. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    yep
    I have the bigger brother

8. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    I tried a Hyosung cruiser wolfie......it was blinking nice and good for little legs but i didnt want a cruiser....some shop in Salisbury had 1......I never rode it as I hadnt passed my CBT then but it looked a nice bike if that helps at all?? ;D ;D

9. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    A friend of mine was another who got one of the cheap Chinese imports and he had endless trouble with it! It's just not worth it, pay more and get one of the makes you know!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: Pioneer 125cc 
    My boss's son bought a 2 year old Chinese import. It nearly killed him. the bracket holding the rear monoshock to the swinging arm sheared off when he was doing 60mph.the suspension collapsed, dropping the rear mudguard onto the rear wheel ,locking it . luckily he was travelling in a straight line, just leaving a huge skidmark on the road,had he been cornering, with oncoming traffic, the outcome would have been fatal.
    the bike was a Kinroad Zamurai, a XT 125 copy, the build quality was appalling, as you all know I am a welder and the standard of welding on the frame was the worst I've ever seen, no wonder the bracket sheared off.
    It beggars belief that in the EU today, with the stringent health and safety rules, these Chinese Imports are allowed to be sold. they are absolute death traps, never buy one, I know they are inexpensive, but you get what you pay for, total and absolute crap.
    I quote an old saying that applies.....The bitter taste of poor quality will remain long after the sweet taste of economy has been forgotten.

End of rant!!!! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'