Notices

Thread: Parking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Parking 
    Diamond Member
    Can anybody confirm, can motorcycles park in P&D car parks for free? Or in P&D roadside parking spots?

I'm just wondering where we would display a ticket if we did have to pay... Plus we could argue that we did but it 'blew away'

2. Re: Parking 
    A know that at least one P&D park in the Nam has a sapce for bikes which i presume is free. Ive never bought a ticket anyway! ;D
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Parking 
    Platinum Member
    It usually says on the machine if it's free for bikes, 99% are but best not take it for granted.

4. Re: Parking 
    Platinum Member
    It should say on the machine.

BTW - council car parks are the ones you have to be careful. They do have powers to make you pay fines.
    Private car parks on the other hand have a contract with the driver/rider and in general they can only identify the registered keeper who may not be the same person.
    They sometimes send out official looking notices which are only an invitation to pay and cannot be enforced. But you need to be careful to establish whether it's council/private.

5. Re: Parking 
    Yes check on the machine for each car park as they can be different. Also make sure you are totally within the designated bike parking lines.

6. Re: Parking 
    If you need to pay, buy ticket, and either put half of it on bike and keep other half, before you tear it take a photo of it! Or keep ticket with you and if you get a parking notice send ticket with parking notice, fine normally gets waived.
    What ever option you take, if youhave to buy a ticket then do so, you are not above the law and it would stop bikers getting a bad name!
    It's Lilac... not pink!

7. Re: Parking 
    As above. It will say on the signage of the car park if bikers have to pay.

Many car parks are now ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) based but look for the front plate of a car You have to enter your reg number when you buy a ticket and they tie it all together.

I work for a larger company here in Swindon that sales parking machines all over the world, good earner if you have land to use as a car park

8. Re: Parking 
    Diamond Member
    Mixed views... I was under the impression, that generally parking is free for motorcycles. That in mind, when we go into town, I pay to go in the multi storey. Mainly as its dry and has CCTV!

But I had to park on the road the other day, in a P&D area, but I couldn't see anything that mentioned bikes on the machine hence the question. I wasn't suggesting bikers were above the law. Hope that's not how it sounded! I always stick to the letter of the law and never creep even a mile over the speed limit. Honest officer! ;D

9. Re: Parking 
    Well with councils loosing funding, we have seen many of them this year introduce a charge for bikes.... The way of things to come I suspect. :'(

10. Re: Parking 
    always check on the board by meter wether bikes are free and make sure you park in designated bike areas if they have them.i parked in trowbridge multi storie, bike space full (only 2 bikes in bay, parked badly)had to park in different bay FREE PARKING NOT P&D gone 5minutes returned to find a fu**ing parking ticket taped to bike. i argued the toss with council won the case after a big fight so just be careful before you park. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]