Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
I had a car accident December 2008, skidding on ice which resulted in the car almost being written off. Although it was due to road conditions, it was still classed as my 'fault' as no other vehicles were involved.

I had to declare that to my bike insurance company however I have never had an excessive insurance quote....which companies have you approached? Swinton are offering a £30 cash back at the moment and when you apply online for a quote you can enter details of any accidents, points etc? My last quotation for my Street Triple (after the cash back) for fully comp is in the region of £140 which is pretty darn good. I am 33, but being female may result in a slightly cheaper premium for me perhaps? :-/
It helps that you live over the top of your garage out in the middle of a field, you'll have an extremely low fire and theft risk.

I'm 40 this year, have 9 years NCD, only 3 points from two years ago and I still can't get a fully comp quote for under £300. I live in a fairly big town though, and have quite a few mods to the bike, so that works against me.