Notices

Thread: Hizzy down!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hizzy down! 
    Hi guys , we were on our way to the H&C for sunday lunch today when Lisa (Hizzy/Triple) had an off. It was only a low speed off but it still hurt like a bitch.

It was in a traffic calming part of Westbury heading out the back way towards Hawkeridge. Anyway the bike caught some mud and leaves at the side of the road, as it was slowly opened up the bike got all out of shape and threw Lisa into the road.

She got up ok but ended up laying at the side of the road on the grass using her usual colourful language. More concerned about her bike than her injuries we got the bike stood up (me and a couple of residents) and I had a good look at it. Rear brake snapped off, clutch cover scuffed and something else nearby and a front indicator bulb blown. An odd bit of paint chipped where the tank must have bounced off the frame just needing a bit of touch up. Her HG jacket is also a bit scuffed in the shoulder area where that hit the floor and thankfully saved her head and her lid from hitting the floor at all. She doesn't seem to have any shoulder issues which is good, no doubt she will wake up tomorrow unable to move!

Lisa is fine, grumpy , bruised ego and bruised hip where she hit the floor and inside of her knee where the RG bungs hit her knee as she went down. Thankfully most of the impact taken on those but with the weird twist and throw of the bike its taken damage in some places the bungs should've protected.

She did want to continue on to the Harp and Crown however we got the bike washed off , home and repaired what we could instead. Needless to say she won't be running for a few days.

All is ok both of us a bit miffed about her bike too and even more annoyed that the bloody car drivers around that saw it just drove on by like nothing happend. Thank you to those residents who came out to the scene so quickly offering cups of tea, use of their drive to leave Lisa's bike in had she not been so bloody stubborn to ride it home and of course Wiltshire Ambulance for turning up and being so helpful .

2. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Awww hope both the bike and Hizzy are fixed and out n about real soon..... :-[

3. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear this

If I can help with the bike repairs in any way give me a shout

4. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Sorry to hear about this girls.
    Seems to be more and more common that drivers find it too difficult to stop and check everyone is ok at the scene of an off. Seems that they consider getting back from the shops in time for Emmerdale much more important than checking that a fellow human being is not bleeding to death at the side of the road.
    Makes my blood boil! What the **** is wrong with these pond life!
    I hope they sit in front of their cozy TV and cozy fire with their cozy families tonight in their oh so perfect world and get eaten alive by guilt.
    Miserable baskets. >
    (sorry, rant over)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Glad to hear (besides the bruises and a few scratches) that The bike and Hizzy are going to be ok.

Not a very nice feeling looking at the bike damage like that, but at least its all repairable.

:-/

6. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Bad luck, but good to hear Hizzy is ok. :-*

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Oh bugger
    As Nelly said! ^^
    Glad you're ok Lisa and that bike not too badly damaged
    It's Lilac... not pink!

8. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Jeez, really glad you're okay Lisa. Fingers crossed your bike will be okay soon too.

It's nice that the local residents were more considerate than the ignorant drivers. How anyone can just drive on by when someone's obviously in need of some help is beyond me! >

9. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Glad your ok

never good to hear about an off.

10. Re: Hizzy down! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    Sorry to hear about this girls.
    Seems to be more and more common that drivers find it too difficult to stop and check everyone is ok at the scene of an off. Seems that they consider getting back from the shops in time for Emmerdale much more important than checking that a fellow human being is not bleeding to death at the side of the road.
    Makes my blood boil! What the **** is wrong with these pond life!
    I hope they sit in front of their cozy TV and cozy fire with their cozy families tonight in their oh so perfect world and get eaten alive by guilt.
    Miserable baskets. >
    (sorry, rant over)

Funnily enough I was chatting about this sort of thing today with my mum....about how people just seem to be wrapped up in their own worlds and forget whats going on around them... this is why I find the forum so uplifting and restores my faith in human nature.......look at Simons offer of help and I know last week the way people dealt with Dabz off was so heart warming I had tears in my eyes.......what the hell was wrong with stopping just to make sure she was ok, that you had a fone to call for help etc etc...... we on here know we would have stopped had we known you or not.
    I know it's soppy but surely it should be human nature to ask if all is ok??.................it costs nothing !!
    (sorry to hi-jack your thread ladies xx) :-[ :-[ :-[