Notices

Thread: Cheap oil at Halfrauds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Platinum Member
    Just popped in to the local Halfords, £18.74 for 5 litres of 10w40 semi. There is a sale on all own brand oils, not sure about Castrol etc for all you Rothchild types.

2. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    i will make sure dabz pops down this weekend then to get some a bit cheaper [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Got mine,good deal at 25% off.

4. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Dunno if they've changed the formula, but i put it in my FZR1000 about 5 years ago (the S/S) and it made the clutch slip like crazy.

Had to swap it straight-out for Rock-oil, to get the clutch back!

5. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Platinum Member
    I'd use cheapy Halfords oil in my van, but I don't know if I'd want it in my bike. I tend to stick to Bel-Ray, which is what my chum (ex Aprilia UK technical manager) used when he did the servicing on it.

The Missus always gets Castrol for her bikes, but she earns a lot more than I do
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Platinum Member
    A workmate uses nothing but Halfords deisel oil in his K3 GSXR, never had a problem ever. I put 85k on my last bike using nothing but Halfords bike semi, i reckon you are paying an extra £10 for GPS to be cherry red!

7. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Oh, thanks for the tip.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Diamond Member
    i had a "Vauxhall trade club card" and long life semi (genuine stuff, 20,000 mile drain intervals in diesels) was £40 for three lots of 5litres and they threw in a fourth for free! i used this oil in all of my bikes for the last 5 or 6 years, and NO probs at all.....
    i advertised it on here a while ago and no one was interested......so it lapsed and is now closed.... :-(

maybe Dabs could ring Vauxhall in Andover and request a Trade Club Card application form, in the name of the club?

massive savings on genuine vauxhall spares too.

also, Halfords also do a trade club, and might also give a trade club card and discounts........might be worth investigating????......

9. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    i had a "Vauxhall trade club card" and long life semi (genuine stuff, 20,000 mile drain intervals in diesels) was £40 for three lots of 5litres and they threw in a fourth for free! i used this oil in all of my bikes for the last 5 or 6 years, and NO probs at all.....
    i advertised it on here a while ago and no one was interested......so it lapsed and is now closed.... :-(

maybe Dabs could ring Vauxhall in Andover and request a Trade Club Card application form, in the name of the club?

massive savings on genuine vauxhall spares too.

also, Halfords also do a trade club, and might also give a trade club card and discounts........might be worth investigating????......
    I've been trying to get a trade card out of Halfrauds for some time, no amount of blags have worked yet. Electronic engineering degree doesn't cut it, you need a mechanic qualification

10. Re: Cheap oil at Halfrauds 
    Diamond Member
    Salisbury one does it if you take in a few receipts for parts that youve bought from other motorfactors, such as Camberly Autofactors etc...