Notices

Thread: Favourite Races?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Favourite Races? 
    Diamond Member
    Mine has to be either Scott Redding winning the british 125gp, Laguna Seca 2008 or Motegi last year!

I started watching racing the year Neil Hodgson won the WSB - began watching that, but quickly switched to watching Moto GP when Rossi made the move from Yamaha to Honda in 2004.

Will probably start watching some more BSB this year as my insurance company offered me cheap tickets plus a load of other goodies for going...

2. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Favourite races eh? The first GP I ever went to was about the best I've seen, the epic battle between Sheene and Roberts at Silverstone in '79, and about the best race I've watched overall would be the final round of 2002 WSB at Imola with Edwards and Bayliss swapping paint for the title, absolute classic..

Oh yeah, Rossi went from Honda to Yamaha in 2004
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Diamond Member
    Doh! That's what happens after a few beers on a school night! lol

4. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Platinum Member
    Scotty have to agree with you there with the Edwards Bayliss battle, still cant believe bayliss lost the tittle after the start to the season he had. My other fav race is a BSB race at thruxton in 97, Neil Mckenzie and Steve Hislop on the cadbury boost yamaha neck and neck the whole race.

Best car race is 98 Belgium Grand Prix where Damon Hill won in a Jordan

5. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Assen WSB 2010 with the all Brit podium for the first time in forever

Hizzy beating Foggy on the classic IOM race

The final race of the 2000 BSB season where it was down to Walker needing just to finish and take 5 points to win and beat Neil Hodgson in a season that had seen rubbing, squabbles and no love lost situations and then the poor guys engine to blow up on the 16th lap leaving Hodgy the victor and Stalker a sad 2nd for the 4th time.

Laguna Seca MotoGP when Rossi duffed up Casey (more teeth than a ferrari gearbox ) Stoner on the inside of the corkscrew showing him what experience really means in a race

Oh the list could go on !

6. Re: Favourite Races? 
    The final 125 race at Cadwell Park last year during the BSB race weekend. Never seen the top 5 or 6 fight for position like that before. Was amazing to watch!

7. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Diamond Member
    I think it was approx 1980 - 'Pride of the East' speedway competition hosted at the Kings Lynn stadium. Local boys Michael Lee and Dave Jessup, along with John Louis of Belle Vue all ended up with the same amount of points at the end of the night. In the ride-off all 3 riders were neck and neck when Louis came off on the 3rd corner. I cant't recall who won the re-start between Lee and Jessup, but all three of the aforesaid riders broke the lap record on the night. Brill racing.

8. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Platinum Member
    Moped Enduro at the Tail-ender six years ago. Hilarious! ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

9. Re: Favourite Races? 
    Platinum Member
    ..the TT for me!

10. Re: Favourite Races? 
    The Schwantz - Rainey battles were great, particularly Hockenheim, although I can't remember what year... :
    Also liked watching Fogarty battle with just about everyone, including Chili (Assen punch up), Koczinski(?), Haga, Slight, etc. Whatever anyone says about Fogarty, he put bike racing back at the forefront in the 90's... 8-)
    Always found Doohan boring to watch, with a bizarre riding style...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk