Notices

Thread: R1 Quote

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. R1 Quote 
    Diamond Member
    Just had an insurance quote for my 1998 R1 for £233

I don't actually have one (yet) but thought I'd have a look to shock myself at how much it would be. Put in my details as if I'd had my license for a full year with a years no claims (which I would want as a minimum before buying one!) and was pleasantly surprised by the results!

The 98 R1, red and white, was one of the main reasons for me ever wanting to learn to ride a bike!

2. Re: R1 Quote 
    who was that with ? fully comp?

3. Re: R1 Quote 
    Diamond Member
    That was TPF&T but FC was still only just over £500 so still not bad. Probably wouldn't go for fully comp tho on a 13 year old bike!

That was found on 'The Bike Insurer' comparison website...

Hopefully 10 years on an RS125 & a year on a ZX6r (including trackdays!) will be enough to prepare me for owning such a beast!

4. Re: R1 Quote 
    Lucky you I had a quote for an R1 a few years ago and it was around £2000..... yes £2000 so went out and bought a ZX9R insurnance £196

5. Re: R1 Quote 
    Diamond Member
    £2k?????? Wtf?

Are you 19 and just off a restricted license and only had a moped previously, living in a city centre crack den with no alarm or lock?

Looks like being (almost) 30 does have it's advantages after all. Aside from being a bit closer to not having to wake up and walk the dog when I go to sleep for the last time!

6. Re: R1 Quote 
    Platinum Member
    Zx9r's are cheap to insure, £131 FC for me

7. Re: R1 Quote 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Zx9r's are cheap to insure, £131 FC for me
    How much no claims you got? Great price fully comp!

8. Re: R1 Quote 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Just had an insurance quote for my 1998 R1 for £233

I don't actually have one (yet) but thought I'd have a look to shock myself at how much it would be. Put in my details as if I'd had my license for a full year with a years no claims (which I would want as a minimum before buying one!) and was pleasantly surprised by the results!

The 98 R1, red and white, was one of the main reasons for me ever wanting to learn to ride a bike!
    Learn to ride the wheels off what you've got first mate. The R1 takes no prisoners. It's a fantastic bike, but unless you can ride what you've got like a God, then you'll never get the best out of the Yam. I learnt on firstly an old 'Blade, then the SRAD 750. Both bikes showed me how easily the front came up, then the R1 wasn't so much of a shock. Be prepared, if you have the power on in any gear, hit a bump or slight rise in the road (including crossing the white line on overtakes), and the front will come up. First gear is mental, second gear off the throttle, and at 90mph in third it'll still come up with a hand full. Great fun if you expect it, pant-filling if you don't... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: R1 Quote 
    Diamond Member
    Lol, you're right there Mark. I'll probably have it for 6 months, scare myself silly then buy a harley! But at least I can say I owned the bike of my dreams for a short while! But it has to be the original 98 red and white one or I'm not interested.

10. Re: R1 Quote 
    Part ex'd my 06 zx10 in november for a new r1.Insurance jumped £200.Thats with carol nash,who were still by far the cheapest for me.Give them a try.They were cheaper direct than through a comparision site.Which is a first.
    And as able said"learn to ride the wheels off what you have first".No use making such a drastic leep in bike/performance and not being able to get the most out of it.