Notices

Thread: Rossi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    What do we reckon, is he playing mind games by finishing outside the top 10 in practice again, and commenting still on his shoulder?

Or is he finally getting to that stage where he's no longer competitive? Or is he strugling to tame the ducati, as many have before him?

Thoughts anyone?

2. Re: Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    I suspect all will be revealed when the real racing starts.

3. Re: Rossi 
    Clever money says mind games . He has done enough and earned enough to walk out tomorrow. Rossi wouldve quit by now if he never thought he had another title in him. I think he may struggle first couple of races but he will be top 4 every race until he is fully fit.
    Rossi is a genius on 2 wheels plus he has something none of the other riders have..... Jerry Burgess!

4. Re: Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    True, but has he bitten off more than he can chew with the Duke? Like Ken says, time will tell. I'd like to think mind games too...

5. Re: Rossi 
    Platinum Member
    As long as Ducati listen to what him and his spanner wizard say and don't try and over rule them, we'll see some good results from him.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: Rossi 
    you doubteth the Rossi? you cad sir, should the fair Roxy see thy thread, she may rippeth thee a new one, sir!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

7. Re: Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    Lol, I doubt any rider over 30 when there is so much awesome young talent snapping at their heels. I don't think there is anyone out there that will take his GOAT status (for now anyway) but is he capable of consistently putting in the same levels as he has been? I'm not sure. As you get past the big three oh, every injury will take longer to heal, every race will be more of a struggle and there will always be more new blood on the scene desperate to win at any cost. His shoulder injury ios case and point. Until now, he probably thought he was invincible. Now he has has had a stark reminder of his mortality.

That said, I won't be taking down the Rossi memorabilia in the house and replacing it with Lorenzo stuff anytime sooon!

8. Re: Rossi 
    Lorenzo? lorenzo..... hmmm lorenzo...... I'm sure I have head that name before.......

Some jumped up little arse as i recall, full of fake sincerity and can onyl win a title with Rossi out injured for a few races.

No not a lorenzo fan, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, I might even siphon some of my own fuel from my bike to help him burn though.

Rossi is the ultimate world champ, not because of his amazing skill, but because he is, or at least doesn't come across to me as, up his own arse about how good he is, Lorenzo has some great skills, but if he wants to be the next rossi, he needs to learn some humility, but even then I still won't like the little runt.

looking forward to how this years pans out, stoner on a honda, i will be very suprised if he isn't at or near the top the whole season.

I rekon Roxy should open her living room up on raceday and we all go round for tea!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

9. Re: Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
    Lorenzo? lorenzo..... hmmm lorenzo...... I'm sure I have head that name before.......

Some jumped up little arse as i recall, full of fake sincerity and can onyl win a title with Rossi out injured for a few races.

No not a lorenzo fan, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, I might even siphon some of my own fuel from my bike to help him burn though.

Rossi is the ultimate world champ, not because of his amazing skill, but because he is, or at least doesn't come across to me as, up his own arse about how good he is, Lorenzo has some great skills, but if he wants to be the next rossi, he needs to learn some humility, but even then I still won't like the little runt.
    Not sure I'd agree there tbh. Rossi has learnt those skills over time as his maturity has grown. He certainly wasn't always as calm and cool as he is now. lorenzo has been consistent all year. Even if Rossi had been there, Lorenzo has had so many 1st & 2nds that I'm pretty certain he would have still won last year. My money's on him for this year as well. He deserved his title and he won it fair and square. Rossi was out becasue of his own doing. In Rossi's own words - that's racing. Races are not just won on the track by the fastest riders. The season is fought on track, off it, and the riders out for injury always play a part in the wins of others.

10. Re: Rossi 
    Diamond Member
    When Rossi was just starting out, people said the same about him as you are Lorenzo, and then Biaggi was the guy to beat. Only time will tell if Lorenzo has the stuff required to go the distance.