Notices

Thread: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Sunny day , fairly dry roads and more idiots in cars with tunnel vision than anything else. Is it because its still deemed too cold and damp for the average car driver to expect to see bikers on the road that they just pull out from anywhere or think you've got a forcefield around you so they can drive like dicks or are we going out with our 'Harry Potter-esque' cloaks of invisibility on.

We lost count of the amount of blind b@$t@rds who just pulled out then cringed or just rode off our back wheels or far too close to us for the conditions today it was unreal. We were not riding fast or our usual summer style especially as one of us was getting their road confidence back after a recent off , just enjoying the ride and getting on the road again.

When I was out in Canada once the weather improved the local radio stations had a big bike awareness gig on , however with 2 seasons over there, Winter ... 6 months and Summer 6 months and lots of snow its understandable , over here we can ride pretty much all year round yet people seem to forget we exist in the winter .

Has anyone else suffered at the hands of the bike blind cage driver in the last couple of months?

2. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Since being knocked off the bike by a Clio driver who 'didn't see me' last June it is my considered opinion that all bikes should be fitted with an exhaust system loud enough to drown a police siren - by law.
    It's worked for me so far ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Platinum Member
    Yeah, turned out to be an undercover filth wagon, bastids. 6 Points and £800 for putting a couple of cars between me and them, entrapment i say!!!

4. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYJAY
    Since being knocked off the bike by a Clio driver who 'didn't see me' last June it is my considered opinion that all bikes should be fitted with an exhaust system loud enough to drown a police siren - by law.
    It's worked for me so far ;D ;D ;D
    When you reach our age most of us are deaf as a post anyway. ;D

5. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Diamond Member
    SMIDSY

6. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    some t**t pulled out on me today funny enough on a roundabout, then realizing what he had done for some reason thought he should emergency stop blocking the whole road! he did say sorry, but wow some peoples driving is CRAP!

7. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Platinum Member
    Was having this discussion today with two bikers who are both ex-plod. The upshot was if you want to be seen, ride a big white bike with big blue and yellow reflective blocks down the side.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

8. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Was having this discussion today with two bikers who are both ex-plod. The upshot was if you want to be seen, ride a big white bike with big blue and yellow reflective blocks down the side.
    There is such a bloke, seen him twice on the M4, telling cars to move out of the outside lane, and bollocking bikers on the move. I thought he was plod and held back until my exit, then i could see he was a walter. Second time i saw him, i flew past him and gave him the bird, he chased me until jnc17 with his orange light flashing, utter cock. There is an old thread on VD in spotted about him.

9. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    Ghost has an invisibility cloak, seems to use a lot -bike, car, van or truck! ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Wiltshire Bikers and the cloaks of invisibility! 
    I had a couple of days with cars pulling out to pass parked cars assuming that I would move to ride in the gutter. I hate the driver who pulls out and after you have adjusted to the idiot move compunds the error with an emergency stop